Government Shutdown

SC Tiger

21 hours ago, Dog Soldier said:

Regardless of who is at fault. There are thousands of Federal workers having tough times. The Hill Airforce Base in Ogden, Utah has hundreds of workers and contractors furloughed and many working without incomes. There are many Orgs helping these families. The Catholic Charites is feeding and helping anyone  with a Federal ID through this shutdown. These caring people are the real heroes. 

How? DoD’s budget is fully funded?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

How? DoD’s budget is fully funded?

Correct.  Because when he screwed up on a shutdown that affected the military, even his ego could not support that storm.  DOD is regarded as the most secular "holy" ground by both Republicans and Democrats.  So, he made sure not to make that mistake again.  So, BORTAC'ers who are out doing essentially the same jobs as SEALS, aren't getting paid, but SEALS are, wrap your head around that one.  The Coast Guard is funded by DHS, but is still getting paid.  Your line Border Patrol Agents are not.  I proffer once again, the Government is schizophrenic and stupid.  Ocasio-Cortez promised to not take a paycheck during the shutdown, but quickly did and about face on that one.  Representative Babin soon after I wrote him in December said he would not take a paycheck during the shutdown in his e-mail blog that just went out.  Possibly, because I mentioned the men and women putting their lives on the line are not getting anything, and Politicos are marching on with their comfortable existences and paychecks.  Him, I believe.  Ocasio-Cortez is a flakey moron.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

You lost me at BORTAC’ers doing essentially the same job as SEALs. 

But even after rereading it a couple times I’m really not sure why you chose to quote me or what that has to do with what I wrote. 

You mean a specializes pseudo military that carries the weapons of their choice (usually suppressed) and are deployed all over the world to break things and kill people?

I guess you missed the whole dramatic pictures where I show cased them.  One with a set on a Naval Ship being deployed.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

No. 

I debunked that myth when you posted it on GT, I have no inclination to go look it up again. 

I wish you would stop lying about CBP, it makes them look bad and I really enjoyed my time working with them. 

So, you aren't going to do the simple work of looking up the actual photos of the actual people on this forum.  Lazy and ignorant much?

30 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

No. 

I debunked that myth when you posted it on GT, I have no inclination to go look it up again. 

I wish you would stop lying about CBP, it makes them look bad and I really enjoyed my time working with them. 

Wasn't there another BP guy, the King something or other?  Same guy or different guy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

You mean a specializes pseudo military that carries the weapons of their choice (usually suppressed) and are deployed all over the world to break things and kill people?

I guess you missed the whole dramatic pictures where I show cased them.  One with a set on a Naval Ship being deployed.

Is that like the one Marky Mark is on or the Tom Cruise one?

13 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Eat Crow, and sit on an AK stick.

Why would I eat crow? Your video proves exactly what I stated.

I've actually worked with BORTAC and BORSTAR, the irony is I was either working with them when that video was shot, or was just leaving for a deployment after having worked with them.

They are well trained, well equipped, and good at what they do.

They are not doing "essentially the same job as the SEALs" and to suggest they are, is to admit you don't really know what either group actually does.  

BORTSTAR, is for EMT service.  I have worked with them.  I also worked with SOG for 45 days.  I never had the chops for SRT or BORTAC.  I knew them, however.  When they are deployed to attack terrorism overseas in small dedicated units, who else does that?  Hmmmm...

Edited by Moshe

Skip to 50 minutes in.  This guy is a legend.  He survived, barely, but his nickname service wide was "Rocky."  That is just atmosphere you work in when crap happens to you, you get a nickname.  He is pissed off to this day if you see him and call him "Rocky."  I had a classmate named food blister, I remember on runs, they would actually pick him up and run with him, his feet not touching the ground, to try and get him through the Academy. I had to be his driver for BORSTAR response at times.  They always got the better rides.  Smooth as yell at 100 plus miles per hour.  Then there was the older guy named "Biscuit" because he was one biscuit away from popping a uniform button.  So, there were the in shape guys and, well, the other type as well.  No one messed with the Iceman.  He was cool under pressure no matter what.  He was a dog handler, who busted a third time looser, who put a pistol in his face and pulled the trigger and it jammed.  Iceman, didn't bat, and eye, disarmed the guy, and proceeded to beat the BG about the head and shoulders with the BG's malfunctioned pistol.

• Haha 1

Methinks that “service wide” that is “just the atmosphere for a nickname” “smooth as hell at 100 mph” “biscuit away from popping a button” so I guess some fat guys made it through the academy, maybe they carried him and none of the instructors noticed like Food Blister “pistol in his face and jammed, didn’t bat an eye” took his own gun and beat him with it.

BC45D8FC-F040-49DB-9491-0B2D63997DDF.jpeg.786b0a2ebe2bf9fdcb2fefd66fe9bcba.jpeg

I spent time in the 1K zone on the east west border outside of Hof FRG

i spent some time on the DMZ

a lot of time on nuclear weapons sites in FRG and Stateside, bunkers and towers, BAT teams, SAT teams.

we had a word for that kind of storytelling....it was....uh....let me think....

yeah....bullshit

59 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Methinks that “service wide” that is “just the atmosphere for a nickname” “smooth as hell at 100 mph” “biscuit away from popping a button” so I guess some fat guys made it through the academy, maybe they carried him and none of the instructors noticed like Food Blister “pistol in his face and jammed, didn’t bat an eye” took his own gun and beat him with it.

BC45D8FC-F040-49DB-9491-0B2D63997DDF.jpeg.786b0a2ebe2bf9fdcb2fefd66fe9bcba.jpeg

Those who do, do.  Those who arm chair quarter back don't.