Judge Moore’s Accuser Refuses to Answer Questions Under Oath, His Legal Team Files Motion to Compel

pipedreams

"“Her refusal to comply with discover has prejudiced Judge Moore and it is apparent that absent court investigation, Leigh Corfman will continue to violate the Alabama Rules of Civil Procedure, conceal evidence and deny Judge Moore the documents and responses he is due under the law,” the court documents said. "

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/new-as-judge-moores-accuser-refuses-to-answer-questions-under-oath-his-legal-team-files-motion-to-compel/

• Like 1

Yeah, who could have seen this coming?

It's tempting to say that regardless of this particular allegation, Moore was a very flawed candidate who never should have been nominated, but who are we kidding? Look what they tried to do to Kavanaugh, and he was a freakin' boy scout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/10/2019 at 9:38 AM, Pistolay said:

Yeah, who could have seen this coming?

It's tempting to say that regardless of this particular allegation, Moore was a very flawed candidate who never should have been nominated, but who are we kidding? Look what they tried to do to Kavanaugh, and he was a freakin' boy scout.

My understanding is that the accusations WERE the flaw for Moore.  If they can prove they were bullshit I would sue the pants off of the accuser, were I him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

My understanding is that the accusations WERE the flaw for Moore.  If they can prove they were bull**** I would sue the pants off of the accuser, were I him.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this already a Civil Law Suit?

In a huge break in Judge Roy Moore’s defamation suit against Leigh Corfman, 

What an I missing here?

Moore filed a Defamation Laws Suit against Corfman, now isn't it up to Corfman to prove, or at least attempt to prove, that her accusations are True and it's not up to Moore to prove them false?

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 10:39 AM, steve4102 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this already a Civil Law Suit?

What an I missing here?

Moore filed a Defamation Laws Suit against Corfman, now isn't it up to Corfman to prove, or at least attempt to prove, that her accusations are True and it's not up to Moore to prove them false?

In a criminal court, he would have to prove that she did defame him.  That would essentially mean he would have to prove the accusations were false.

In a civil court - I have no idea.  It may work the way you describe.

Edited by SC Tiger

To anyone who knows anything about the law, the word "deposition" is enough to make you shudder.

I was going to go into maritime law until I watched a pair of hard-core, old school ship's captains depose each other.

There are no limits in that type of deposition.

2 hours ago, Jammersix said:

To anyone who knows anything about the law, the word "deposition" is enough to make you shudder.

I was going to go into maritime law until I watched a pair of hard-core, old school ship's captains depose each other.

There are no limits in that type of deposition.

Lesson learned.

If ya don't want to be "deposed", don't make accusations that you can not substantiate with facts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1