Different night sights on different pistols? WTF Glock?

PNWguy

So, I bought the Gen 5 19 MOS and it came with factory night sights that hung over the back of the slide and dug into my side when carried IWB.  I mentioned this on TOS in the Glock section in a thread in which a guy was looking for factory night sights for his MOS.

Another guy chimed in and said my sights must not be Glock factory sights because he has an MOS Glock and his sights are just fine.  I swore that my sights came on the gun from the factory and clearly have "Glock" stamped right on them...

j74gePoaQtSpSsBi6AIUMQ.jpg.acd15f53ea97920fd7da9024d50ef805.jpg

sK91_-KqQQGezz86KtdGDg.jpg.6037a3d33fc34ed1c9939f7d2bba3ac8.jpg

Then I looked closer at his sights and they have a different model stamped on them.  His say "AN" and mine say "AR1"...

IMG_20190110_005144.thumb.jpg.6a0c49be313ca26a100d217cd64d4224.jpg

So Glock obviously put different sights on my gun.  And they suck, because they are too long and scratch the heck out me.

So, planning on calling Glock to see why they put the wrong sights on my gun and what they plan to do about it.

Also planning on asking about the crown issue that is apparently popping up on random Gen 5 Glocks.  Most are finely finished and look normal.  Apparently some didn't get final finishing.

Mine, of course, is one of the ones that is not right...

VSEWjFnNR1ShRO_EJgd-yw.jpg.07985c3fde5680d757699921f6c48a85.jpg

4 hours ago, Moshe said:

Either way, it makes it impossible for a co-witness.

That's not the point at all.  I've already replaced them with suppressor sights.  The point is that Glock randomly installed the wrong night sights on MOS pistols.  I didn't even want damn night sights in the first place, but was told that was all that was available in the Blue Label pipeline.  So I paid the extra $70 damn dollars for sights I didn't want and ended up getting sights that made it impossible to carry IWB due to the sharp edges, so had to pay an extra $60 to replace them.

2 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

That's not the point at all.  I've already replaced them with suppressor sights.  The point is that Glock randomly installed the wrong night sights on MOS pistols.  I didn't even want damn night sights in the first place, but was told that was all that was available in the Blue Label pipeline.  So I paid the extra $70 damn dollars for sights I didn't want and ended up getting sights that made it impossible to carry IWB due to the sharp edges, so had to pay an extra $60 to replace them.

Now, I get what you were saying.  Yes, Glock should make it right.  You know they are lots of FUBARs when the next generation comes out and the demand is high.  Glock being one of the most popular pistols in the United States by-in-large.  So, some tech in Georgia screwed pooch on that one, I wholly agree.  Further, given your profession of making things right when things are wrong, it must be particularly aggravating for you.  They should make it right for you via a refund, or a Glock certificate.

• Like 1

If they would simply send me a set of the proper sights, or a refund of the extra cost for the sights and a set of regular ones, I'd be fine.  

Not sure about the barrel thing.  It obviously doesn't affect performance as my G19 is plenty accurate.  But when a guy on TOS showed them a picture of his, they wanted him to immediately send it in for inspection and replacement.

11 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

If they would simply send me a set of the proper sights, or a refund of the extra cost for the sights and a set of regular ones, I'd be fine.  

Not sure about the barrel thing.  It obviously doesn't affect performance as my G19 is plenty accurate.  But when a guy on TOS showed them a picture of his, they wanted him to immediately send it in for inspection and replacement.

That might be wise.  If they screwed that up, what more did they do to it?  You don't want a kaboom at some point.  You also want to get what you paid for.

Called Glock.  They were polite and asked for photos of the sights and the crown.  Sent an email with the pics attached.  Will wait and see what they say.  If they want the barrel back, then I'm not going to do any more load development today.  No point if I'm getting a new barrel.  Would prefer they fix the original barrel, but I don't think Glock does things that way.

Don't really want a new barrel.  Just wanted them to be aware that some were going out the door unfinished and that it was physically sound.

Still no word from Glock.  Weird.  They're closed for the weekend, now, so I won't hear anything at the earliest until Monday.  I've been having super warm and awesome range weather and put a hold on load development until I find out if I'll be replacing this barrel or not.

Got my reply from Glock. First, they said my night sights were the "correct" version even though they hung off the back of the slide, but I could send the pistol in for another set of sights that don't hang off.

Typical Glock response. "We didn't do anything wrong or make a mistake, but if you send in your pistol, we'll fix it"... LOL.

For the barrel issue, they said they couldn't tell if it was improperly finished or if it was lead build up. 

I advised them I have shot maybe 200 rounds in the month I've owned this pistol and only used jacketed or plated bullets, so not lead build up.

They still offered to check it out. I see no reason. It functions 100% and is accurate. If down the road they discover these unfinished barrels are leading to premature wear or failure, then I'll let them replace it. Or I'll buy a new one myself and forego the losing of my carry gun for a month.

• 2 weeks later...