The Steel fence/wall

ARP

I think it would be very cost effective to electrify the fence, would greatly dissuade anyone on the wrong side to want to grab onto it and climb it to enter US territory. NO, I am not talking instant death from touching it, I'm talking on the level that it would be very uncomfortable to grab it, similar to what the one guy was doing with his TRUMP campaign signs that kept getting stolen from his yard. Like animal electric fence level of shock. Perhaps use solar panels to power it.

I have not heard anyone mention this either on line or media, perhaps they are waiting for the right time to ZAP the idea.

Edited by ARP

I kinda thought about something like that too, except it would be Hollywood props type stuff, like putting a fake head on a pike far enough away so that you could not tell if it was fake or real and then put out some road kill to stench it up a bit. Put signs up in Spanish, DO NOT CROSS HERE.

21 minutes ago, SevenSixtyTwo said:

I think we need to stop paying people to come here and we won't need a wall. 

We should have NEVER included illegal aliens in any part of the welfare system. And then , to make matters even worse, we throw them all the freebies we can possibly find including a free college education. What's up with that ****? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ARP said:

I think it would be very cost effective to electrify the fence, would greatly dissuade anyone on the wrong side to want to grab onto it and climb it to enter US territory. NO, I am not talking instant death from touching it, I'm talking on the level that it would be very uncomfortable to grab it, similar to what the one guy was doing with his TRUMP campaign signs that kept getting stolen from his yard. Like animal electric fence level of shock. Perhaps use solar panels to power it.

I have not heard anyone mention this either on line or media, perhaps they are waiting for the right time to ZAP the idea.

I don't know if I would electrify the fence but I certainly believe in piles of concertina wire on the sides of whatever barrier wall gets put up. A lot of walls/barriers can be climbed  but I wouldn't want to jump or slide down into concertina wire. That stuff will definitely ruin your day.:cry:  I also like the idea of catapults periodically placed on our side of the fence so anyone who does manage to get over the wall and through the concertina ………………………. can be catapulted back over. :460: That would save a lot of bus & airplane tickets back to the other side.  

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, ARP said:

So, some guy on the other side throws a length of chain against the wall and it hangs to the ground.  

Maybe if the US side of the wall was electrified and the Mexico side was not, with no holes in the wall to use to short it out.  getting complicated.  Probably a better way then electricity.  I favor bullets, they're cheap.

As history shows.  Pickett's charge shows us that the value of a fence is to slow down the enemy and get him to concentrate at the crossover.  Then you're fire is far more effective.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

So, some guy on the other side throws a length of chain against the wall and it hangs to the ground.  

Maybe if the US side of the wall was electrified and the Mexico side was not, with no holes in the wall to use to short it out.  getting complicated.  Probably a better way then electricity.  I favor bullets, they're cheap.

As history shows.  Pickett's charge shows us that the value of a fence is to slow down the enemy and get him to concentrate at the crossover.  Then you're fire is far more effective.

Does he buy the chain at the chain store that popped up along the border, same place they buy the ladder??

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 5:46 PM, SevenSixtyTwo said:

I think we need to stop paying people to come here and we won't need a wall. 

If you want to stop birds from coming to the feeder, simply  remove the feed.

Simple and effective, but NOT practical.  At least not in today's political climate.

Solutions that are only temporary and can be undone with a simple change in Administrations are not solutions, they are campaign fodder.

True solutions need to be permanent and need to be very difficult if not impossible for the next administration to undo with the stroke of a pen.

A wall or barrier is a permanent structure that cannot be undone or easily removed with the stroke of a Progressive Pen.  This is exactly why the Democrats will never support legislation or money for it's construction.  It would be very difficult if not impossible for the Next Democrat-Progressive administration to simply tear it down or have it removed.  Possible yes, likely NO.

Don't forget, President Trump is not claiming the "Wall" is a cure-all.  He continues to say that the "Wall" is only part of Border Security, a much needed part, along with technology, manpower and legislation.  But without the Wall everything else is just temporary.

For the Democrat Party to survive, they need a new and continuing supply of underclass voters.  Open borders gives them an never ending supply of constituents.   A Wall and new and improved Immigration Legislation will be the death of the Democrat Party.  They know this and this is the only reason they will not support it.  Saying a wall is immoral and inhumane is all they got and anyone with more than two brain cells left to rub together knows that it is the Democrats that are Hippocrates, pure, plan and simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve4102 said:

True solutions need to be permanent and need to be very difficult if not impossible for the next administration to undo with the stroke of a pen.

A wall or barrier is a permanent structure that cannot be undone or easily removed with the stroke of a Progressive Pen.  This is exactly why the Democrats will never support legislation or money for it's construction.  It would be very difficult if not impossible for the Next Democrat-Progressive administration to simply tear it down or have it removed.  Possible yes, likely NO.

Bingo.......................

image.png.49ab7a50fbcfdf3ad00fcdc9822e1bea.png

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, janice6 said:

I still say put several roles - about 20' or so - of concertina wire on the U.S. side of the fence. Off a 10' wall no one is going to jump over 20' of concertina wire and come out smiling.

• Thanks 1

I saw a lot of this being used to protect back yards of commercial businesses in a small border town south of Phoenix (IIRC).  Every store front door and window had bars on it.  They seemed to think it was effective on top of concrete walls.

Restaurant reminded us to lock our cars even though it was noon, they said nothing was safe, ever, from the border jumpers moving North.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I saw a lot of this being used to protect back yards of commercial businesses in a small border town south of Phoenix (IIRC).  Every store front door and window had bars on it.  They seemed to think it was effective on top of concrete walls.

Restaurant reminded us to lock our cars even though it was noon, they said nothing was safe, ever, from the border jumpers moving North.

Concertina wire is very effective on top of walls.

• Like 2