TV Networks Consider Not Airing Trump’s Border Security Address

pipedreams

"According to The Hill, CNN and Fox News Channel are planning to air Trump’s address on border security, while the basic cable networks CBS, NBC, and ABC have not committed one way or the other.

MSNBC has not made a public comment one way or the other, and the network has repeatedly opted not to air Trump events before.

Trump plans to address the nation for the first time from the Oval Office"

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/01/07/tv-networks-consider-not-airing-trumps-border-security-address/

• Sad 1

My first thought it revoke their press passes if they don'w want to show the President.  I don't like the idea of the media being forced to show any leaders propaganda though (in this case I like Trump but I may not like the next guy).  And there really is no point of having all channels showing it but their should be over the air channels showing it for those without cable.

• Like 3

So they are not news sources after all.  An address to the nation is considered news, whether you agree with it or not. 

How do these network shows continue to be considered news sources by the FCC, if they are politically based and censor what they report.  We heard from all networks when Obama had a brain cramp.  Call them what they are.  Selective Talk shows representing  one political organization. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Oh, they will. Ratings are ratings after all.

they just want to have the conversation so as to justify giving the Democrooks equal time.

all along fact checking, commenting, spinning, twisting, and flavoring the entire dog and pony show.

they should get at least a week of talk show headlines off of it.

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 2

We need one TV station, one website and one newspaper, being run by an independent non-profit organisation, funded through taxes only, obligated by law to report facts only, without any opinion or editorials. All reporters have to go through an extensive vetting process to confirming non-bias, and no political or economical affiliations at all.

I hate taxes and big gov, but this concept and better as well as unbiased education would be worth it.

Edited by crockett
  • Haha 1

I do not want the government involved in the media.

I completely agree that the current media is nothing but a giant propaganda machine for the leftists with a goal of tarnishing anything considered traditional American or conservative.  

The Constitution has no mechanism in which to remedy a press that has turned evil and sedacious.

What do you do?  

You can't vote the press conservative.  You can't vote for more conservative media heads.

You can change the channel, but last time I checked, every channel was liberal.  Fox News used to be more unbiased and conservative, but they are going to the dark side.  At least that's what I've heard.  I don't have cable anymore.  No point anymore.

So what is the solution to a giant and powerful media entity that is openly against everything the Founding Fathers stood for and is a tool for the enemies of America?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, crockett said:

We need one TV station, one website and one newspaper, being run by an independent non-profit organisation, funded through taxes only, obligated by law to report facts only, without any opinion or editorials. All reporters have to go through an extensive vetting process to confirming non-bias, and no political or economical affiliations at all.

I hate taxes and big gov, but this concept and better as well as unbiased education would be worth it.

Yeah, kind of a Public Broadcasting System. That'd be fair and balanced...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Not the same.

1.) PBS has more than 350 member television stations, many owned by educational institutions, by non-profit groups affiliated with a local public school district or collegiate educational institution, or state government-owned or state government-related entities.

2.) 53% to 60% of public television's revenues come from private membership donations, not taxes.

3.) In 1999 at least three PBS public television stations were caught selling or trading their mailing lists with the Democratic National Committee. Under IRS regulations nonprofit organizations are prohibited from participating in political actions.

4.) They have no extensive vetting, and report opinions as well.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Yeah...  Listening to them on the radio is maddening.  Their coverage of the midterms was sickenly biased.

If it was just this, then it'd be tolerable...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, crockett said:

Not the same.

1.) PBS has more than 350 member television stations, many owned by educational institutions, by non-profit groups affiliated with a local public school district or collegiate educational institution, or state government-owned or state government-related entities.

2.) 53% to 60% of public television's revenues come from private membership donations, not taxes.

3.) In 1999 at least three PBS public television stations were caught selling or trading their mailing lists with the Democratic National Committee. Under IRS regulations nonprofit organizations are prohibited from participating in political actions.

4.) They have no extensive vetting, and report opinions as well.

So how would your system work? You mentioned non-biased reporting and funded by "the government". Would Nancy Pelosi get to decide what's biased? Trump?

Maybe a non-partisan committee made up of members from both parties could decide. Maybe not.

It sounds good, but I'm skeptical.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

So how would your system work? You mentioned non-biased reporting and funded by "the government". Would Nancy Pelosi get to decide what's biased? Trump?

Maybe a non-partisan committee made up of members from both parties could decide. Maybe not.

It sounds good, but I'm skeptical.

The non-profit organisation itself, through a committee of members who had to apply for each position. Members have to be out of a mix from different backgrounds as well, but all non-political.

The budget needs to be untouchable as well.

The keypoint being that all reporting will be just that. Delivery of raw data. Speeches will be streamed live, without interruption, from start to end, without any commenting. Footage will not be altered, censored or shortened, no matter the event.

• Like 1

Just now, crockett said:

The non-profit organisation itself, through a committee of members who had to apply for each position. Members have to be out of a mix from different backgrounds as well, but all non-political.

The budget needs to be untouchable as well.

The keypoint being that all reporting will be just that. Delivery of raw data. Speeches will be streamed live, without interruption, from start to end, without any commenting. Footage will not be altered, censored or shortened, no matter the event.

We have seen how well that works with local and state school textbook committees, no?

The unbiased, non-partisan committees that banned mention of Columbus from the history books other than that he murdered all of the indigenous population of North America?

The committee that declared that the American Civil War was fought solely over the issue of slavery?

The committees that selected the history books that have ten chapters on Karl Marx, Woodrow Wilson, Lyndon Johnson and Steve Jobs, but two pages that mention Ronald Reagan?

They have untouchable budgets, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Nation wide committee - not state level, 2 year term limits, reporters will have to maintain a score, can be voted out within 48 hours.

There is no way it works.  There are very few unbiased facts.  We all do get a vote and we cast it by what we watch.

Does the momentum of your engine and consist change if someone insists that there are 46 cars instead of the truth that there are 50?

To be a conscientious human, it is important to understand when you are being manipulated, when you are being persuaded and when you are being convinced.

Science brooks no spin, no massage, no edit.

The Universe just laughs at us when we try and the Universe wouldn't be quite so busy if people thought rather than believed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Nation wide committee - not state level, 2 year term limits, reporters will have to maintain a score, can be voted out within 48 hours.

Sorry.  Totally and completely unconstitutional.  It’s called freedom of speech and freedom of the press.  

Hawk