Fake meat that tastes like the real thing

TBO

I'd probably go for it if it tastes good, is fairly good for you, and is economical. I wouldn't stop eating meat, though.

Of course, after a few weeks eating it you may develop a craving for human brains...

Edited by gwalchmai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I had an assistantship in grad school on a mapping project and I worked with these two hippie girls (not HippieChick, she's OK). We'd have lunch cookouts where everyone would bring their own meat and we'd grill it on a BBQ in the quad. They's bring tofu dogs and grill them next to the burgers so they'd absorb the burger taste. ?

Humm? So these Hippie Chicks liked  a sausage?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, TBO said:

https://www.cnet.com/news/impossible-burger-2-0-tastes-like-beef-really/

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

If it is made with gluten, prepare to be constipated for a week.  My wife prefers not to eat meat, and she will get fake stuff.  When I get hotdogs, I get Hebrew National.  When she does, she gets tofu dogs, or something horrible.  So, I was hungry one day, and know if the Hebrew Nationals don't get eaten they get frozen.  So, I was hungry for a hotdog.  I look out some frozen ones, heated them up in microwave.  I said these are awful, did I cook them too much.  My son laughed at me,  Apparently, that was my wife's tofu dogs.  Which explains why they were unpalatable. Boca burgers have come through here.  I prefer to call the Culo burgers (the other end of "mouth burgers" as they are called.  So, color me dubious about the next meat substitute.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moshe said:

If it is made with gluten, prepare to be constipated for a week.  My wife prefers not to eat meat, and she will get fake stuff.  When I get hotdogs, I get Hebrew National.  When she does, she gets tofu dogs, or something horrible.  So, I was hungry one day, and know if the Hebrew Nationals don't get eaten they get frozen.  So, I was hungry for a hotdog.  I look out some frozen ones, heated them up in microwave.  I said these are awful, did I cook them too much.  My son laughed at me,  Apparently, that was my wife's tofu dogs.  Which explains why they were unpalatable. Boca burgers have come through here.  I prefer to call the Culo burgers (the other end of "mouth burgers" as they are called.  So, color me dubious about the next meat substitute.

Some people feel guilty about meat consumption. But how many people feel guilty about flushing their toilets? Everyone is down stream? ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dog Soldier said:

Some people feel guilty about meat consumption. But how many people feel guilty about flushing their toilets? Everyone is down stream? ?

I see that as a benefit of owning one.    ?

Our city water comes from very deep wells.

The twin cities water comes from the Mississippi.

Edited by janice6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dog Soldier said:

Who uses a toilet when the compost pile in the back yard is the real deal. 

18 hours ago, janice6 said:

I see that as a benefit of owning one.    ?

Our city water comes from very deep wells.

The twin cities water comes from the Mississippi.

Mine comes from a well, and we have duel septic tanks.

• Like 1