Truffle butter pasta

Al Czervik

A buddy sent me some nice food stuff for Christmas.  I just had some homemade duck egg pasta with some truffle butter and garlic cream topped with seared foie gras.  I may have consumed a bit of wine in the process.  I now am about to drift off into a food coma.

Edited by Al Czervik
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have never heard of any of those things. Once many years past we ran out of food on the Middle Fork Of the Powder River in the Big Horn Mtns. We found some duck eggs. They were filling but had the after taste of river bottom mud. I expect if we had some pasta sauce they may have been better. ?

4 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

A buddy sent me some nice food stuff for Christmas.  I just had some homemade duck egg pasta with some truffle butter and garlic cream topped with seared foie gras.  I may have consumed a bit of wine in the process.  I now am about to drift off into a food coma.

Yum! Sounds fantastic! 

7 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

I have a small tub of truffle butter and a box of fettucini and am looking to put them together in a pan!  

I throw a few whole cloves of garlic into some heavy cream, reduce it by half, toss the garlic, then add the butter and pasta.  Save the pasta water to thin the sauce if needed.  

• Like 3

Just spiked a leg of lamb with sliced garlic and rosemary. It will have slices of my Meyer lemons, olive oil and a touch of seasoning cooked low and slow after a a hit of smoke from my Weber. I love lamb. Some of you will blast me but my Weber is gas... dedicated smoker box, I smoke then go to the oven and temp probe. One XMas my gift from my wife was fresh truffles, so differnt than  infused oil crap. Like porcini, the source is the key. 

Al, we but heads here and there but if we cooked together we would be brothers

After several cocktails and some wine, I decided to cook penne with chicken and vodka sauce last night.  The vodka sauce turned out okay, but this sounds much better.  Foie gras would have been a good excuse to open a bottle of Sauternes.  

• Like 2