Seattle Officer Involved Shooting on New Years

Jammersix

Here's the video: 

I've watched this a couple times, and I have a couple questions.

One, if you're a cop, once you see a gun, why would you wrestle with him? Are you obligated to?

Two, once he draws a gun, I've never understood why cops don't just blow a guy away at that point. Why do you get to live through drawing a gun when cops are chasing you?

P.S. I'm glad he's dead. I live in Seattle, down by the lake, about a dozen blocks from where this occurred, and we're safer tonight for the actions of these cops.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Why would they try to keep levels of force down after he draws a gun?

Seems like that's the time to call the nearest carrier and dial up an alpha strike.

Why?  Because the level of politics they have to deal with just for doing their job is ridiculous.  Even a clean shoot can get every officer involved and the department drug through the ringer by all the SJW snowflakes that don't have anything better to do with their time than trying to disrupt the system, even when it's working to protect them.  

It doesn't matter how badly the guy wanted to get himself killed, somehow someone will find a reason why the cops are the ones at fault, the guy was innocent and just trying to turn his life around as he rescues stray kittens on his way to church.  

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:45 PM, Jammersix said:

Why would they try to keep levels of force down after he draws a gun?

Seems like that's the time to call the nearest carrier and dial up an alpha strike.

Have you ever been shot on a regular basis?  Have you been injured while trying to keep other safe?  Have you ever been in law enforcement?  If not, Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform with that nonsense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Yeah, I'll get right on that. You don't have the answers, then.

To blurry, edited footage, no I do not.  If you have the moment by moment that isn't blurred, there might be something to discuss. 

Explain this:

• Sad 1

On Oct 26th 1881 police offers led by Wyatt Earp attempted an arrest at he OK Corral in Tombstone Arizona. A 30 second gun battle ensued. Officer Earp and his support were arrested on charges of homicide. This has a long a history in America. Todays Police Officers are under the same scrutiny as police over a Century past. 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, Jammersix said:

Now the State Patrol has launched a criminal investigation.

On the blurry people and edited footage?  Anytime there is an Agent/Officer shooting there is always an investigation.  That does not imply wrong doing, malfeasance, or culpability.  It is not a Kavenaugh hearing.

Edited by Moshe

The news is that they launched a criminal investigation against the officer, by the State Patrol.

There are always investigations. Every time a Seattle officer fires his weapon, there is an investigation. It's run by what used to be called SPD Internal Affairs and is now called the Seattle Office of Professional Responsibility.

If they find something wrong, they step aside, and ask another agency to take over the investigation. In this case, they asked the State Patrol.

It's grainy, it's blurry, and it shows the gun on the ground, not in his hand, when he was shot.

There were more than six officers there that night. The video isn't the only evidence, which is something I would have thought you knew.