Mossberg 9mm pistol.

PNWguy

Mossberg has always made good, solid products that tend to work very well. my 930 has never failed to eat everything fed to it without a burp. 500 pumps & shockwave - same.  I would try their new pistol.  I like the way it is designed + Mossberg stands behind their products.

Edited by Citra47

If the magazines turn out to be reliable maybe the 7 round mag would work in a Glock 43.

This new gun is very close in size to the G43. I don't like the looks of the safety because it's a cross-bolt safety and it looks like you would push in on the right side to take it off safe and then that would mean you'd have to push it in on the left side to take it off safe.

No matter, though, I wouldn't get one with a safety anyway.

I wish it were a little smaller though. I would have liked the G43 to be the size of a G42.

Mossberg MC1sc

Weight: 19 ounces (Unloaded), 22 ounces (Loaded
Length: 6.25 inches
Height: 4.30 inches
Width: 1.03 inches
Barrel Length: 3.40 inches
Mag capacity 6,7 (optional)

Glock 43

Weight 17.95 oz. 
Length:  6.26 in. 
Height: 4.25 in.
Width: 1.02 in.  
Barrel Length: 3.39 in.
Mag capacity 6 Only NO options!

9 hours ago, PNWguy said:

Looks like they're going for the crowded sub-compact 9mm 6+1 market.  Nice looking pistol that takes Glock 43 mags.  Optional safety. 

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/03/tfb-review-mossberg-mc1/

Of the various videos and reviews I've now read on these, I'm surprised how many of them don't mention the Glock mag interchangeability (or the Sig sights). I think both of those facts increase its appeal to some extent.

Maybe Mossberg will be the one to develop a reliable "OEM" 9 or 10 round mag for the G43.

I still don't believe I'll be buying. I'm happy with my G43 as is.  If I buy something else, I'll role the dice on a P365 to maintain the small carry size, but increase capacity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

I just picked up a sig 365 in that size category. So no current interest.  But in the future if a deal came up, I’d give it a look.

I hope it works well for you.  

Make sure to let us know if it acts up in any way.

Either way, a range report thread is always appreciated.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Maccabeus said:

Of the various videos and reviews I've now read on these, I'm surprised how many of them don't mention the Glock mag interchangeability (or the Sig sights). I think both of those facts increase its appeal to some extent.

Maybe Mossberg will be the one to develop a reliable "OEM" 9 or 10 round mag for the G43.

I still don't believe I'll be buying. I'm happy with my G43 as is.  If I buy something else, I'll role the dice on a P365 to maintain the small carry size, but increase capacity.

Glock 43X??

6 minutes ago, usnret said:

Glock 43X??

That one doesn't appeal to me.

My build, carry location, and attire choices prefer a short grip for concealment.

The G43 seems to be about the top end for what works for me without dedicated cover garments and dressing around the gun.  Even a Shield with the 7 round mag crossed the line.

I'm hoping a P365 would make the cut.

(If I am dressing around the gun, I'll just jump up to my G30S.)

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 1:01 AM, Borg warner said:

This new gun is very close in size to the G43. I don't like the looks of the safety because it's a cross-bolt safety and it looks like you would push in on the right side to take it off safe and then that would mean you'd have to push it in on the left side to take it off safe.

One picture above has the safety, the other doesn't.  Not sure if there will be different variants.

23 hours ago, Maccabeus said:

That one doesn't appeal to me.

My build, carry location, and attire choices prefer a short grip for concealment.

The G43 seems to be about the top end for what works for me without dedicated cover garments and dressing around the gun.  Even a Shield with the 7 round mag crossed the line.

I'm hoping a P365 would make the cut.

(If I am dressing around the gun, I'll just jump up to my G30S.)

Glock 26? Same width as 365 w/o the 'issues'..

22 hours ago, usnret said:

Glock 26? Same width as 365 w/o the 'issues'..

I have a 26. They forgot to install the Glock Perfection in mine. After 100s of rounds and a trip to Smyrna I think it's finally shooting reliably. I think.  Honestly, the P365 can't be worse than my G26 experience.

And while the grip of the Sig is a touch wider than the G43 grip, it's much closer to the 43 than a 26.

P365 vs. G43:

p365-1.jpg.565ed888bc856a405ea861e1c98a559b.jpg

P365 vs. G26:

image3-2.thumb.jpg.85ee33fb0e1964dc2577209149e4fb83.jpg

To tie this post to the thread, while I haven't seen caliper measurements or precise pictures to be sure, it looks like the MC1sc will have a fuller/wider grip than the G43.

Some people will appreciate a little more to hold on to or to soak up recoil. But if true, I'd rather roll dice on the Sig and have 10 rounds in my slightly wider grip than carry a wider gun than my G43, but with the same number of rounds.

I'm interested to see a G43-P365-MC1sc side by side review.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, usnret said:

Sorry to hear about your issues with the G26...YMMV and all that. My experience with 8(son's and mine)..we've had zero problems with any of them..

To be fair, it's only a 50% faulty track record with G26s.  I bought a gen 3 that worked fine.  I wanted to upgrade to the smaller gripped, and fingergooveless gen 5.  That's when I discovered the lack of "perfection".

My G43 runs fine.  Although I wish it had a more rounded MC1sc type slide.

I'm actually pretty excited to see Mossberg introduce this pistol.  Mossberg has a good reputation for solid, affordable firearms.  I won't be giving up my Shield for one, but I like to see more competition in the market.  If I were buying one:  I'd avoid the crossbolt safety.  I'd worry that I'd hit the mag release at an incredibly inopportune moment.