New Lesbian Batwoman. Yay.

PNWguy

Don't think it's political; just cultural...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ruby-rose-led-batwoman-pilot-a-go-at-cw-1172794

David Nutter, who helmed 'Game of Thrones, 'Arrow' and 'The Flash,' is on board to direct.

It's official: The CW is moving forward with a Batwoman stand-alone series.

The network on Thursday handed out a pilot order for the Ruby Rose-led drama from showrunner and writer Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) and exec producer Greg Berlanti.

David Nutter, the Emmy-winning Game of Thrones helmer who previously helmed pilots for The CW's The Flash and Arrow, will serve in the same capacity on Batwoman.

The news comes mere weeks after Orange Is the New Black alum Rose made her debut in The CW's three-way DC Comics series crossover (dubbed "Elseworlds"). The drama, first put in development in July, was widely expected to be picked up to pilot and remains a frontrunner for a series order given the auspices attached (and that The CW's Arrow, now in season seven, has begun to show its age).

The potential series breaks yet another barrier for Berlanti as Batwoman becomes the first-ever superhero series to be led by a lesbian character — and played by an openly gay actress in Rose.

Here's The CW's official description: Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane [Rose] soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope."

Meanwhile, further south,

Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez soars onto the streets of FoggyBottom as CrazyAsABatWoman, an out idjit and highly trained commie primed to snuff out the failing country's economic resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet. Or ever."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This is her - not the best picture but she's kinda meh anyway:

ruby-rose.jpg

Isn't Batwoman a relatively new character?  I know there was Batgirl.  IIRC (I read about this a while back) Batwoman is going to be somehow social-justice-oriented anyway, or some damn thing.

It's on CW anyway - so it's not like anyone's gonna actually watch it anyway.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 3

Yeah, let's take childhood super heroes who exemplified virtues and remake them to promote another perspective.

Who cares if she dig's chicks? Is she saving Gotham from it's ills?  Is the Riddler still lose?  Crime at an all time low?

Those are much bigger issue than who she kisses.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

I managed a little less than 5 minutes of the Black Lightning show. Shows that exclusively push an agenda over telling a story are not my thing.

Yep. Can't grab the remote fast enough to change channels, once that realization hits.

Seems to be the common denominator in most anything Prime Time. I'd much rather watch Velocity or DIY or even AMC.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

ruby-rose.jpg

Isn't Batwoman a relatively new character?  I know there was Batgirl.  IIRC (I read about this a while back) Batwoman is going to be somehow social-justice-oriented anyway, or some damn thing.

I miss the real Batgirl.  

RIP Yvonne

batgirl.jpg.eeed474e0dfd46927690566edb270cc8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

ruby-rose.jpg

She looks kind of Like David Hogg.

101g.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Jammersix said:

And the homophobes are losing.

Somebody expresses an opinion about how such characters once supported the broader culture and those creating the character used to endeavor to tell a story rather than advancing a narrative/agenda and your go-to response is to call them out as having a neurotic fear of those who can't even reproduce themselves within their sexual preference??? ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Jammersix said:

And the homophobes are losing.

There's a big difference between being afraid of homo/trans/whatevers, and being sick and ******* tired of having their agenda pushed down our throats in what is supposed to be entertainment. 

So, it's not homophobe, it's homoreplused. 

The LBGTQ community is it's own worst enemy.

• Like 8