No More Political Threads In The Bored Room - UPDATED

Eric

• Administrators

Guys, I have asked quite a few times that everyone remain civil in political threads. It is not working out.

From now on, if you want to talk politics, please do so in TBS’s Political forum. Thanks. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Silentpoet said:

One question, does this also apply to gun control measures/votes? I generally don’t try to start those threads, but sometimes I might and want to make sure I’m not inappropriate posting a thread.

Thanks for asking for the clarification. I should have covered that.

It doesn’t apply to things happening in the news unless or until the threads turn into the types of pointless political bickering that prompted this decision. If someone tries to drag a thread into the weeds, I’d appreciate it if everyone else would not rise to the bait.

I really wanted to try to avoid these types of moves here, but maybe that was naive. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, Eric said:

Guys, I have asked quite a few times that everyone remain civil in political threads. It is not working out.

From now on, if you want to talk politics, please do so in TBS’s Political forum. Thanks. 

OK, will do. I have noted a general decline in manners on every forum that I know of. But, that ain't news to anybody, but the loudmouths.

Edited by Suspect Unknown

1 hour ago, Suspect Unknown said:

OK, will do. I have noted a general decline in manners on every forum that I know of. But, that ain't news to anybody, but the loudmouths.

That's been happening since new people started coming onto the internet in the late eighties.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

Allowing the posting of political stories that are ‘In The News’ is not working out.

From now on, please post ALL political threads in TBS’s political forum. Thanks.

I'm getting the impression that owning a forum resembles herding cats? I pity you, a bit.

• Like 7

I started and ran a gun board for approximately three days.

Never again.

The ratio of constipated asshats to people worth talking to was and is way, way too high.

On the net, people feel free to express emotional sentiment that lacks all coherence, logic, grace, mercy or kindness, and that they know society would never let them express in person. The amount of pure, watery poodle **** combined with the fact that I could only ban them, (rather than hunt them down, rip out their eyes, fill the empty sockets with cheap gasoline and watch them burn) literally made me nauseous.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/16/2019 at 8:40 PM, kerbie18 said:

I'm getting the impression that owning a forum resembles herding cats? I pity you, a bit.

Doubtful.  With cats, if you bribe them you can get them to sometimes do something that sorta resembles what you want them to do.

Forums?  No such luck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/16/2019 at 11:10 PM, Jammersix said:

Never again.

The ratio of constipated asshats to people worth talking to was and is way, way too high.

On the net, people feel free to express emotional sentiment that lacks all coherence, logic, grace, mercy or kindness, and that they know society would never let them express in person. The amount of pure, watery poodle **** combined with the fact that I could only ban them, (rather than hunt them down, rip out their eyes, fill the empty sockets with cheap gasoline and watch them burn) literally made me nauseous.

Amazing how someone could make comments such as that, when they themselves like to stir the pot just as much as the next guy.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2019 at 12:10 AM, Jammersix said:

Never again.

Pure poetic truth.

• Like 1

Just now, SC Tiger said:

Not going to get into this ITT, but you should read some of his posts in the Political forum.

Not saying he isn't right on internet forums in general though.

I tend to think like Rhomann Dey in Guardians of the Galaxy: " Well, I don't know if I believe anyone is 100% a dick... "

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/16/2019 at 8:40 PM, kerbie18 said:

It just dawned on me...that...i've pretty much been on one of Eric's boards for 20 years.

He's spent a life-time running these boards.

Edited by Historian

• Eric unpinned this topic