New Year's Resolutions

crockett

While New Year's Resolutions are somewhat cliche, I actually come up with a few goals every year and usually make them happen.

For 2019 I have:

- "Renovate" my house. While it is a new home - built in 2014 - I'll be painting the exterior, replace all carpet in the bed rooms with titles, and get the mess in the garage sorted.

- Walk 5,000 yards every day.

- Get the (Technician) Ham license. Just because.

- 200% in the market.

Are you guys going to make some changes?

Started with the garage today, built a tall storage rack and bought 8 x 35 gallon storage bins. I'll get a second work bench next week and that should be it.

Img-1305.jpg

IMG-1313.jpg

Img-1315.jpg

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Only real resolution I made was to stop being snarky and argumentative online.  So far so good...

But main goal for the new year is to focus on home improvement as well.  Clean out the garage, remodel the bathroom, replace the floors, and build my gun vault/room.

Edited by PNWguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@crockett you're one of my best friends on here. I get SO much from your posts, a it really astounds me how much talent you have. From cooking, to money, to NICE RACK, Boo!

Back on topic, I'm gonna cut down on the liquor consumption, study a bit more, and try to lose another 40 lbs this year. That'll get me to 250. Pretty sure my back and knees will appreciate it. Just in time to buy a new wardrobe for graduation, interviews, and a new jobbyjob. Lots of goals- graduate, pass boards, get a couple professional certifications in pertinent subjects to my field, pass the DEA/FBI checks for my DEA number. Plotting a potential trip to Antarctica at the end of this year, but will likely push it back til the end of 2020.

A healthy and happy and successful 2019 to you all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

@crockett you're one of my best friends on here. I get SO much from your posts, a it really astounds me how much talent you have. From cooking, to money, to NICE RACK, Boo!

Back on topic, I'm gonna cut down on the liquor consumption, study a bit more, and try to lose another 40 lbs this year. That'll get me to 250. Pretty sure my back and knees will appreciate it. Just in time to buy a new wardrobe for graduation, interviews, and a new jobbyjob. Lots of goals- graduate, pass boards, get a couple professional certifications in pertinent subjects to my field, pass the DEA/FBI checks for my DEA number. Plotting a potential trip to Antarctica at the end of this year, but will likely push it back til the end of 2020.

A healthy and happy and successful 2019 to you all!

Thanks! Now if I only had some boobs. :anim_lol:

I wish you all the motivation needed for your goals!

206 days?

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I plan to push the home improvement stuff this year too. It reluctantly started today, actually started a few days ago when I swapped out the filters on my RO water system and did some kitchen cleanup after I cooked. Did the dishes and after I let the water out of the sink, about 2 hours later I went to my basement and water everywhere from the drain. Could not find out how or why. My wash machine drains into the same drain but it never overflows. Hmmmm.....wtf? So today after serious thought, I broke the saw out and began strategically cutting 1.5" plastic pipe. Wow, packed with orange sludge. This resulted in 6 trips to my local Home Depot and about $50 worth of replacement pipe and fittings. I finally got it all put back together and cleaned up. Next up is the local water guy will come in to service my water conditioner tomorrow. It could be that I may have to get my drain snaked too

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ARP said:

Yeah, I plan to push the home improvement stuff this year too. It reluctantly started today, actually started a few days ago when I swapped out the filters on my RO water system and did some kitchen cleanup after I cooked. Did the dishes and after I let the water out of the sink, about 2 hours later I went to my basement and water everywhere from the drain. Could not find out how or why. My wash machine drains into the same drain but it never overflows. Hmmmm.....wtf? So today after serious thought, I broke the saw out and began strategically cutting 1.5" plastic pipe. Wow, packed with orange sludge. This resulted in 6 trips to my local Home Depot and about $50 worth of replacement pipe and fittings. I finally got it all put back together and cleaned up. Next up is the local water guy will come in to service my water conditioner tomorrow. It could be that I may have to get my drain snaked too

Ha! I did a pluming job just 3 weeks ago as well. The dishwasher was pushing the waste water up into the sink, because the stupid garbage disposal was corroded, since I never used it. I needed 3 trips to Home Depot. If you don't do this on a semi regular basis, there is ALWAYS one fitting missing, not the right size, angle or whatnot.

On my 2rd trip I just bought purposely way too many parts, worth about $80, and returned everything I didn't need on my 3rd trip. Otherwise I may have needed 6 trips as well.

Before:

IMG-1184.jpg

After:

Img-1330.jpg

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

Only real resolution I made was to stop being snarky and argumentative online.  So far so good........  L  

Sign me up for that as well. couch.gif  

Crockett- You’re not succeeding at that.  

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1980722&share_tid=7390&url=http%3A%2F%2FTheBoreSite%2Ecom%2Finterface%2Fmobiquo%2Ephp%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F7390-Avoid-Meprolight-products&share_type=t

24 minutes ago, hoppyjr said:

I'll always make an exception for bullshitter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crockett said:

One of those barns wants to be a shop, and you know it. :)

Yea. Problem with two of the barns is we used T6 siding to save money when we built them. Should have put metal siding on  then and I wouldn't have to be doing it now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Citra47 said:

Yea. Problem with two of the barns is we used T6 siding to save money when we built them. Should have put metal siding on  then and I wouldn't have to be doing it now.

I'd come over and help. Might need a plane ticket though. :)

• Thanks 1

Here it's the same as last year (and every past year as far back as I can remember)... To not land in the criminal justice system and end up having to make some large man my bitch.

So far, so good. Wish me luck boys!

Somewhere out there a large man is very sad right now.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2019 at 7:10 PM, crockett said:

While New Year's Resolutions are somewhat cliche, I actually come up with a few goals every year and usually make them happen.

For 2019 I have:

- "Renovate" my house. While it is a new home - built in 2014 - I'll be painting the exterior, replace all carpet in the bed rooms with titles, and get the mess in the garage sorted.

- Walk 5,000 yards every day.

- Get the (Technician) Ham license. Just because.

- 200% in the market.

Are you guys going to make some changes?

Started with the garage today, built a tall storage rack and bought 8 x 35 gallon storage bins. I'll get a second work bench next week and that should be it.

Img-1305.jpg

IMG-1313.jpg

Img-1315.jpg

every bed room needs some titles  

• Haha 1

me  im caught up here,    since retired we will be at beach house for atleast 3 months  , got some deck work  and new roof  work to do from past hurricanes  ,  plus  Piper will be with  old grandparents,    oh  i gotta  put in new corrugated pipe in two places   in drive  

• Like 1