Who else got this email from Glock?

PNWguy

I like the look with the two tone and front serrations, but I carry a G19 with a red dot just fine (except for the idiotic night sight that Glock uses...) so I have no need for a slightly thinner G19 with a 33% reduction in capacity (correct me if my math is wrong, please).

I know plenty of folks have been clamoring for a single-stack G19 and an increased capacity G43, so these will make a lot of folks happy.  And for states that limit magazine capacity, these will be in high demand.

Wonder if Glock is betting on a democratic takeover in 2020 and a national restriction to 10rd magazines??

16 hours ago, PNWguy said:

I like the look with the two tone and front serrations, but I carry a G19 with a red dot just fine (except for the idiotic night sight that Glock uses...) so I have no need for a slightly thinner G19 with a 33% reduction in capacity (correct me if my math is wrong, please).

I know plenty of folks have been clamoring for a single-stack G19 and an increased capacity G43, so these will make a lot of folks happy.  And for states that limit magazine capacity, these will be in high demand.

Wonder if Glock is betting on a democratic takeover in 2020 and a national restriction to 10rd magazines??

Really doubt it.

G19/26 too fat for me to carry. G43 no fun for me to shoot(recoil sensitive...bungeed up RH wrist and thumb)...G48 seems like it 'may' be perfect for me to shoot and carry...G43x same weight as G43 so shootability probably the same. Glock is gonna sell a bunch of these(probably more 43x)...Like they did with 19x..sold what they predicted for the year, in 6 months..

I didn't get the email, BTW...

16 hours ago, crockett said:

So the G43X has the slide of a G43, but in silver, and a larger frame?

I'm confused. What is the goal of this?

Shield and Sig competitor..single stack of 10 rounds vs 6 or 7..

Thinner G19(48)...a 10 round -19 makes no sense(see states restrictions)..

Same frame for both..longer slide for 48...43x, same slide as 43...

I recently moved to New Hampshire, not far from SIG Academy, and am planning to take some of their handgun courses. For most of them, only full size and compacts are allowed, and my largest gun is my G26. I was planning to pick up a G19 gen 5 as soon as my GSSF coupon comes in, but now I may wait for the 48 to show up in the gun stores.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, usnret said:

BUT they can make one w/o recalls and needed repairs out of the box..

Which is why I waited for the M-17.  I wouldn't buy it form myself.  I bought it for my son.  That is because what all the military branches has gone to.  I have to get him squared away with their newer tech when it comes out.  His JROTC plans on firing the MI Garand next semester.  I suppose if World War II breaks out again, they will be ready. 

So the G43X has the slide of a G43, but in silver, and a larger frame?
I'm confused. What is the goal of this?

48 is about same height and length as 19, but thinner and 10 round capacity.

43x is shorter barrel as on 43, but same grip height as 48 (which Is the same as 19) at 5.04

I agree that these will be popular in states that limit to 10 rounds, but for me the slightly thicker 19 is a better choice (with 17 spare mags). Heck, the 26 is slightly thicker than 43x but shorter grip and still 10 rounds, plus you can carry a spare 15 or 17 round mag.
  • Like 1

I was just fondling my G19 last night and came to the conclusion that the grip was the perfect length and feel for me, but that if the barrel/slide was 1/2" shorter, it would be a better CCW pistol.

So, I could see myself going to a G27 with a conversion barrel some day, if Glock introduces Gen 5 .40 S&Ws.  With an extended grip and +2 adapter, it would be close to what I have now, with a shorter barrel/slide.  I just hope my savings recovers by then...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally got to a gun store and handled a G48 last week.  Let me just say:  I won't be selling my G19 to fund one, but it definitely got added to the Wanted List.  Those few millimeters and the Gen 5 grip make a world of difference in how it feels.  I'd love to get out and shoot one.