Self defense of a 17 year old

kerbie18

4 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Yep.  I'm just a firm believer in starting them on the training as soon as possible, so as soon as they are eligible to carry, they can.  

+1

I've taught more than a few teenagers the basic NRA courses in Pistol and Rifle. At least a few I followed up with got carry permits when they could.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GlocknSpiehl said:

Batons may not be legal in some states; FL, for instance.

7 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

That's why everyone has a cane!

(I have several hardwood canes (some made by a "karate" guy).  I always have one with me,  especially when traveling.)

As do I. It’s the only weapon the TSA won’t take from you as you board the airplane.

• Like 3

I've used it defensively (kind of) once.

I was at a bar in Nome, late at night. (hey, it's their national pastime, and I hadn't drank in two months.)  I went to the sidewalk to smoke.  Some of the "eskimos" followed me, and some were already out there.  They "asked" for money.  They started getting too close as they "asked" more forcefully.

I poked the closest one (pretty hard) in the middle of the chest with the cane,  like it was a sword.

They were all so drunk that they all went down like bowling pins.

I went back inside,  stayed inside,  had a few more,  and called a taxi.  I saw some of them come back in,  but they left me alone.

• Like 1