Anyone here fascinated, as I am, by the Victoria Cross?

nitesite

The absolute rarity of it, the almost impossible selection criteria and for what incredible actions it has been awarded, the intriguing source of the cheap bronze metal of which they are made....  This next 50-minutes, if you are not familiar with the VC, is well worth the time.  Thank you for watching.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpg6h16k8eU

I have the same fascination with the Victoria Cross that I do with our Medal of Honor. I don't consider the VC to be greater in comparison to the MoH... the U.S. almost always has more combat troops committed to a war zone than the U.K., so there will be more MoHs awarded proportionally.

I believe the soldier who was awarded the VC twice in WWII was a New Zealander. His second was awarded for heroism while a POW.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tous said:

For the best sense of the life of a British soldier in the 19th century, you can't beat Rudyard Kipling's epic verses.

What was it like? :fred: :greensupergrin:

At least the Basses were pre CBS.

Edited by G19Tony
  • Haha 1

Yes, but they didn't make any orange ones.

:599c64b322d5b_tongueout:

When I bought my Jazz bass in 1963, I think the only two colors in the shop were white and sunburst.

I'm sure they had more choices, but since my Jaguar was sunburst, I went with white.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1