Offenhauser Racing Engines

DrB

This is my true home track. About 6 miles from me. Sadly it closed around 03 and was converted to dirt several years later. The collapse of the US auto industry killed racing in Michigan. There was  6-7 tracks within an hour of each other. All had full classes every week. After Buick City, Delphi and Saginaw Steering Gear shut down, along with the draw-down of Dow Chemical, the racing suffered. A skilled auto worker could afford to race a late model or at least a street stock. Then all those jobs were gone. When at one time you would get 20-30 late models at each track every weekend now they struggle to get 20 at one track a weekend.

I may have been at the 94 race.

Edited by Hauptmann6

On 1/23/2019 at 12:19 AM, Hauptmann6 said:

This is my true home track. About 6 miles from me. Sadly it closed around 03 and was converted to dirt several years later. The collapse of the US auto industry killed racing in Michigan. There was  6-7 tracks within an hour of each other. All had full classes every week. After Buick City, Delphi and Saginaw Steering Gear shut down, along with the draw-down of Dow Chemical, the racing suffered. A skilled auto worker could afford to race a late model or at least a street stock. Then all those jobs were gone. When at one time you would get 20-30 late models at each track every weekend now they struggle to get 20 at one track a weekend.

I may have been at the 94 race.

What was the length of that track?  Nice...