Somehow I Don't Think SAC Would Have Apologized

willie-pete

1 minute ago, MikeG36 said:

I'm offended! The post should've stayed. 

You can get away with tweeting stupid things when you are Commander and Chief.  No one that works for you can.  It works that way in all branches of Government.  Whoever is in charge can send you stupid e-mails, they are meant to be rhetorical.  Now, if a Secretary in D.C. who means to send an e-mail to her group where the keys to a vehicle are, and instead sends to everyone in Government Nationwide, then there will be a flood of sarcastic flood of e-mails.  Supervisors getting e-mails not to have subordinates respond, which works well (mostly) in small Offices, bigger Offices are harder to regulate. 

Though, I did see a guy from NY disappear and never to return.  He was in my Investigator Academy and wrote a mass e-mail to everyone he THOUGHT was in the class.  It was in bold letters, "How you F******s Doing!?"  He managed to offend some upper management female that wasn't part of the Class, and was never heard from again-ever.

Stuff happens, usually because someone does something really dumb in e-mail, or Social Media.  Now, I have irritated Field Office Director Secretaries when they send out messed up e-mails through the Field Office.  One time in particular I got a vehement response was for National Hispanic Month.  There was a potluck and luncheon scheduled at the Field Office.  However, she cut out most of the information and sent it.  The body said, "The Hispanic will be in the second floor break room at 1400."

I replied, "Will he/she be there for display?"

While I agree that posts may have far reaching consequences, and it might have been the wrong thing to say unless it was a thinly veiled threat or something. I'm just sick and tired of snowflakes melting all around me. Most of the time over nothing meaningful. Half the **** they get upset over would be praised by them if it was said by their side. Yeah, it seems stupid to say but whenever human beings are communicating, stupid stuff will be said. That's life. 

I too have seen some pretty stupid stuff said at work. Hell, I've been guilty of it myself. I was in a rush one day, using speech to text on my iPhone while running from one place to another. I closed my email by saying; "Best regards". It auto corrected to "Best retards" and somehow I missed it. Ooooops. Yes I offended. OMG did I get greif. I had to apologize several times. It was a typo but that didn't matter. Oversensitivity / snowflakery rules the day. I'm offended by that. ;)

Edited by MikeG36
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MikeG36 said:

While I agree that posts may have far reaching consequences, and it might have been the wrong thing to say unless it was a thinly veiled threat or something. I'm just sick and tired of snowflakes melting all around me. Most of the time over nothing meaningful. Half the **** they get upset over would be praised by them if it was said by their side. Yeah, it seems stupid to say but whenever human beings are communicating, stupid stuff will be said. That's life. 

I too have seen some pretty stupid stuff said at work. Hell, I've been guilty of it myself. I was in a rush one day, using speech to text on my iPhone while running from one place to another. I closed my email by saying; "Best regards". It auto corrected to "Best retards" and somehow I missed it. Ooooops. Yes I offended. OMG did I get greif. I had to apologize several times. It was a typo but that didn't matter. Oversensitivity / snowflakery rules the day. I'm offended by that. ;)

autocorrect.jpg.9baf6fdf38fb57cb34e69fb0df9b4c3d.jpg

• Haha 2