Trump Signs New Executive

pipedreams

Trump took aim at a key constituency of the Democrats, the federal workforce.

"President Donald Trump issued an executive order Friday freezing federal workers’ pay for 2019, following through on a proposal he announced earlier in the year.

The move, which nixes a 2.1% across-the-board pay raise that was set to take effect in January, comes as hundreds of thousands of federal employees are expecting to begin the new year furloughed or working without pay because of a partial government shutdown.

Trump told lawmakers he planned to scrap the 2019 pay bump for federal workers in August, saying the federal budget couldn’t support it."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/29/politics/trump-executive-order-federal-workers-pay-freeze/index.html

https://conservativepolitics2day.com/trump-signs-new-executive-order-and-chuck-schumer-is-furious/

"The move does not affect a 2.6% pay increase for US troops next year that was passed as part of the massive defense spending bill Trump signed in August."

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd say the level of benefits provided and the amount of job security compared to the private sector should be more than enough.

If they don't like not getting the pay increase they can always quit and find a better paying job elsewhere.

I only say this because it doesn't affect the troops.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How do you impeach a president who has won perhaps the greatest election of all time, done nothing wrong (no Collusion with Russia, it was the Dems that Colluded), had the most successful first two years of any president, and is the most popular Republican in party history 93%

- Trump tweet 1/05/19

He is delusional 

"Well you can't impeach somebody that's going a great job," Trump responded. "That's the way I view it." 

"I've probably done more in the first two years than any president, any administration," he claimed, "in the history of our country."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/trump-fires-back-at-disgraceful-democrat-who-used-vulgarity-when-promising-to-impeach-him

Edited by Dric902

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, pipedreams said:

Trump took aim at a key constituency of the Democrats, the federal workforce.

"President Donald Trump issued an executive order Friday freezing federal workers’ pay for 2019, following through on a proposal he announced earlier in the year.

The move, which nixes a 2.1% across-the-board pay raise that was set to take effect in January, comes as hundreds of thousands of federal employees are expecting to begin the new year furloughed or working without pay because of a partial government shutdown.

Trump told lawmakers he planned to scrap the 2019 pay bump for federal workers in August, saying the federal budget couldn’t support it."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/29/politics/trump-executive-order-federal-workers-pay-freeze/index.html

https://conservativepolitics2day.com/trump-signs-new-executive-order-and-chuck-schumer-is-furious/

"The move does not affect a 2.6% pay increase for US troops next year that was passed as part of the massive defense spending bill Trump signed in August."

That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time.  Liberals were few and far between in the FLEO organization.  These are just hardworking guys, occasionally gals, that are busting their hump.  To lump them all in as Liberals is pure, unadulterated bullshit.  I can guarantee you however, their hopes were dashed after suffering 8 years of Obama, to find the same thing only from a bloviating moron.  This may push a lot of them to vote Liberal next time, knowing the Loud Mouth and Chief doesn't have their back anymore than Obama did.  This is why Law Enforcement in other districts turn their backs on the Mayor.  It Trump runs again, the by-in-large FLEO's will cross their arms and turn their back on him.  And I would not blame them even a little.

3 minutes ago, Moshe said:

That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time.  Liberals were few and far between in the FLEO organization.  These are just hardworking guys, occasionally gals, that are busting their hump.  To lump them all in as Liberals is pure, unadulterated bull****.  I can guarantee you however, their hopes were dashed after suffering 8 years of Obama, to find the same thing only from a bloviating moron.  This may push a lot of them to vote Liberal next time, knowing the Loud Mouth and Chief doesn't have their back anymore than Obama did.  This is why Law Enforcement in other districts turn their backs on the Mayor.  It Trump runs again, the by-in-large FLEO's will cross their arms and turn their back on him.  And I would not blame them even a little.

You did note the source was CNN.