Immigrant bleeds to death while Pelosi takes a vacation

fortyofforty

A legal immigrant police officer in California was shot and killed by an illegal immigrant, allegedly, while incoming Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi took her long Hawaiian vacation.  I hope she doesn't eat too much and get a tummy ache while the officer's widow and young child try to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives.

Reverse the parties and imagine the media coverage on CNN, MSNBC, CBS and NPR.  Today?  Crickets.  Barely a mention, except on Fox.  Will Pelosi lower the flag to half staff out of respect?

ob31f3jg_ronil-singh-facebook_625x300_27

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Wheeljack said:

Gee, do you think Pelosi should have taken a shorter vacation??   Actually it was probably McConnells fault, he went to Kentucky  on vacation too.

I don't think Pelosi ought to have gone to a resort surrounded by a wall to keep out undocumented tourists, for one thing.  Do you?  Do you think walls work?  Do you think walls are immoral, or just Trump's wall?

• Like 3

When these wealthy career politicians assume power (let's face it, why would you spend millions to for a job that doesn't pay what you put into it), they could care less about anyone but themselves.  Right/Left, it really doesn't matter.  They are all in it for number one, while behaving like a number two.  They listen to pundits with cash, or something that can buy them more political cache and gravitas, to keep themselves in power.  If we really think about it, most politicians are there not to represent a constituency, but for narcissistic reasons.  They love pitting people against people, and then that insures their victory.  The Left and Right think we are all rubes and fools.  This constant hard swings in either direction are proof positive.  A government shutdown over who is better than the next person, while wondering why the stock market is tanking?  That should not be a surprise.  When you have 85 million people no longer invested in the stock market, and you have a government that cannot function, the stock market hates such inconsistency.  So, while they sit smugly in the White House, or a Hawaiian vacation, they are essentially the same person with a divergent point of view, but are essentially displaying the same amount of hubris.  I wish there were term limits on these cockroaches, just like the Presidential Office has one.  I suspect we would get a better class of people in office to represent their constituency rather than themselves.

I agree with much of your sentiment.  The "power" that Congress and the President have is the power to take money from some Americans, at gunpoint, and redistribute it to other people.  That buys power.  That buys votes.  They are treated like gods when they walk the halls of the Capitol.  They have elevators held for them.  They have cameras shoved in their faces.  Their opinions matter.  Their voices resonate for the ages.  And every move they make is one long ego-stroke.

That said, I will continue to support politicians that at least ostensibly espouse views that align with mine.  For gun control, I will support politicians that oppose bad regulations and unnecessary restrictions.  Politicians that call for smaller government, less spending, smaller budgets, and reduced deficits don't last long.  We had one that lasted exactly one term.  Two years.  Then, gone.  Oh, well.  Power is bought with tax money, at our expense.

• Thanks 2