American Shitholes on the rise. Literally.

crockett

5 minutes ago, fortyofforty said:

Maybe San Francisco can build thousands of outhouses to place around the city.  Then maybe the citizens won't risk stepping in Pelosi Pies.

Munich did that, then they got rid of them.  Point taken.

5 minutes ago, fortyofforty said:

• Thanks 1

If only San Francisco would experiment with "safe zones" for drug use.  They could designate an open space, like a park.  Maybe call it "Needle Park".  It would be the first one ever in the world.  Of course, since it would be the first one ever, there is no precedent to see what would happen.  No, there never was a Needle Park in Zurich or anywhere else, so we just don't know what would happen.  It's worth a try.  I'm sure encouraging open drug use only has a positive effect on communities.

7335606--1-.jpg7335611--1-.jpg

25 years on: the end of Zurich’s open drugs scene

• Like 1

From the OP:

"...The Platzspitz or “Needle Park” in Zurich was an open drugs scene in the 1980s and early 90s when heroin users could freely inject the drug without being arrested. As addicts and dealers flooded in from across Europe, the world looked on in horror, until authorities shut it down in 1992.

Located just behind the Swiss National Museum, close to the city’s central railway station, it was open from 1987. It gained notoriety as the situation spiraled out of control, with hundreds of dealers and addicts packed into the park, and many people desperately needing urgent medical care on a daily basis. A number of doctors volunteered their time, at first against the will of the authorities, to treat drug users with infected, weeping wounds or in cases of overdoses, and to hand out clean needles. The authorities then allowed the doctors to work in this way in the park.

However, the authorities later gave into heavy political pressure and police were sent in leading to chaotic scenes of addicts being forced to flee, without any alternative to turn to. No organised social support had been set up in its place. “Needle Park” closed for good on February 5, 1992. A heavy gate was put in place across the entrance to the park...."

Those who deem themselves so well educated, that they advocate following the European "standards", should learn something from this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The story isn't quite complete.  From speaking to people living and working in and around Zurich at the time, it was a disaster.  It led to crime throughout the surrounding area, with car breakins, burglaries, and thievery, which, in turn, drove businesses to shut down as they lost customers.  Who, with disposable income, would choose to go to an area swarming with drug addicted criminals?

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2018 at 4:15 PM, fortyofforty said:

To borrow Alinsky's idea, I propose the following:

Not ****:  Pelosi Pies.  In honor of the greatest person in the history of California.

Not needles:  Leedles.  In honor of Mayor Lee, of course.

So, why is Union Square covered in Pelosi Pies and Leedles?  Because it's fair and, well, Trump.

Those are great!!! Well done.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 8:26 PM, fortyofforty said:

If only San Francisco would experiment with "safe zones" for drug use.  They could designate an open space, like a park.  Maybe call it "Needle Park".  It would be the first one ever in the world.  Of course, since it would be the first one ever, there is no precedent to see what would happen.  No, there never was a Needle Park in Zurich or anywhere else, so we just don't know what would happen.  It's worth a try.  I'm sure encouraging open drug use only has a positive effect on communities.

7335606--1-.jpg7335611--1-.jpg

25 years on: the end of Zurich’s open drugs scene

There's a Cherry Hill Park somewhere. I know I heard about it in a song many years ago. Let's go there.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, janice6 said:

You're saying she's not home...…..

Wealth, power, and vicious security usually precludes people like Pelosi to be involved in the mess of society.  Why do you think she used the Air Force to ferry her around?  Because, regular people are gross and nasty.  We had a former State representative who was former Air Force, and she would board regular coach like everyone else to applauds.  I remember, because, I was usually the guy with the gun on the airplane going someplace by dumping a detainee at the last spot of removal, or coming back.  I doubt Pelosi would receive the same reception, let along be in coach.  I liked her, (not Nancy), because she was regular people in her demeanor and behavior.  Imagine, in Albuquerque a Republican Representative  woman getting cheered in coach?  I wonder if it would happen again these days?  Sadly, she is retired from it all.  She would have made a good Presidential Candidate.

The name of that woman?  Heather Wilson.

Good Day.

• Thanks 1