This is the worst oil disaster you’ve never heard of

Moeman

20 minutes ago, Moeman said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/28/worst-oil-disaster-youve-never-heard-of-taylor-energy-gulf-of-mexico

When Hurricane Ivan sank an oil platform owned by Taylor Energy in 2004, it has spewed hundreds of barrels of oil per day. And it’s not stopped...

Gee, you'd think Obamathesavior would have capped that sucker off in his 8 years in orifice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Gee, you'd think Obamathesavior would have capped that sucker off in his 8 years in orifice.

So now you want .gov control? Hmmmm.... when it comes to the environment and conservation I like regulations... do you?

1 hour ago, Moeman said:

So now you want .gov control? Hmmmm.... when it comes to the environment and conservation I like regulations... do you?

You jump to some odd conclusions.  No, I don't want .gov control.  Energy is my business, so I deal with this mess like you can't begin to understand on a daily basis.

The article you posted was written by two far left envriowhackos.  What do they and their associates stand to gain from their positions, or do you assume ideological purity in them with nothing to gain?  What empirical evidence do they provide that whatever is "leaking" is doing any "harm to the environment?"  They don't; do they?

It is merely anti-Trump/USA hit piece.  All those haters are free to forego all that is brought to humanity by punching holes in the ground, but they won't.

And, so with all of Obama's bed buddies in the envirowhacko communities, why didn't they come together and solve this disaster?

51 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

You jump to some odd conclusions.  No, I don't want .gov control.  Energy is my business, so I deal with this mess like you can't begin to understand on a daily basis.

The article you posted was written by two far left envriowhackos.  What do they and their associates stand to gain from their positions, or do you assume ideological purity in them with nothing to gain?  What empirical evidence do they provide that whatever is "leaking" is doing any "harm to the environment?"  They don't; do they?

It is merely anti-Trump/USA hit piece.  All those haters are free to forego all that is brought to humanity by punching holes in the ground, but they won't.

And, so with all of Obama's bed buddies in the envirowhacko communities, why didn't they come together and solve this disaster?

Well I dealt with the NRC and FDA on a daily basis, don’t insult my intelligence, dude.

"...I had learned about natural oil seeps in graduate school, and I knew that they account for about 50 percent of oil that ends up in the coastal environment. That’s five times as much oil as is delivered by accidental spills.

The Santa Barbara seeps, for example emit 5,280 to 6,600 gallons (nearly 20 to 25 tons) of oil per day, and natural seeps have been active for hundreds to thousands of years. Local Native Americans used the oil to waterproof their boats. But I just didn’t appreciate how spectacular they were and what a powerful opportunity they provided to study oil spills..."    http://www.whoi.edu/oilinocean/page.do?pid=51880&tid=282&cid=57272

• Like 1