911 down statewide out here

PNWguy

https://q13fox.com/2018/12/27/centurylink-outage-impacting-western-washington-911-services/

SEATTLE -- A nationwide CenturyLink outage is affecting emergency call services for some people in western Washington on Thursday.

The outage began early in the day and continued into the evening, the Associated Press reported. CenturyLink's network was "still experiencing a disruption," but the telecommunications company was working to restore services, Monroe, Louisiana-based CenturyLink said in a statement.

The company said Thursday night the problem involved a "network element" that was affecting services but didn't provide details. It estimates that services will be "fully restored" before 1 a.m. Friday, according to its Twitter page.

Outages in the state were sporadic and fluid Thursday evening. A King County dispatch spokesperson says that it has been an intermittent issue for them throughout the day, but they started having bigger problems with incoming calls later Thursday evening.

King County advises people unable to get through by dialing 911 to try their text-to-911 feature.  You can also call the 10-digit police or fire department number for your specific area.

Just talked to local dispatch and they verified still down here and no idea when it will be restored.  

Been busy sending alerts out to managers and supervisors affected.  Not too big of a deal for us as we rarely have emergencies, but some folks are freaking out, apparently.

• Like 1

!@#%$!@#$%#@$%#^%$&*^&*(%^&

they just sent an emergency alert out to tell me that 911 wasn't working.

it's 11:30PM here, most people are trying to sleep right now, and they sent out a freaking alert about something that's been going on for a full day in the middle of the freaking night.

Yes, it's important to know that 911 services are non functional, but they've known ALL FREAKING DAY!!!  It's been on the news, and on websites, and sending it out AT ALMOST FREAKING MIDNIGHT when I'm TRYING TO SLEEP REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!!

end of rant, have a nice night y'all.

• Like 1

*sigh*

20 minutes pass, and the alert goes off again.  Message with the alert says it's valid for 1 hour from the first message, so only another 40 minutes.

I'd be willing to bet that there are more than a few extremely pissed off people trying to go back to sleep right now.

Unfortunately I need my phone for the alarm clock function, otherwise it would be turned off right now.

• Like 1