Food Stamp Money Will Run Out By The End Of January If The Government Shutdown Lasts That Long

pipedreams

4 hours ago, Moshe said:

Islamist extremism

• December 14, 1999 - Ahmed Ressam, known as the Millennium Bomber, was arrested upon entering the United States by a ferry from Victoria, British Columbia. He was smuggling explosives in his car from Canada as part of a plot to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on New Year's Eve 1999, as part of the foiled 2000 millennium attack plots.
  • April 2004 - A Canadian Muslim of Lebanese descent firebombs the library of the United Talmud Torahs Montreal Jewish school.
  • 2006 - In the 2006 Ontario terrorism plot, Canadian counter-terrorism forces arrested 18 terrorists (dubbed the "Toronto 18") inspired by al-Qaeda. They were accused of planning to detonate truck bombs, to open fire in a crowded area, and to storm the Canadian Broadcasting Centre, the Canadian Parliament building, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) headquarters, and the parliamentary Peace Tower, to take hostages and to behead the Prime Minister and other leaders.
  • August 2010 - Misbahuddin Ahmed of Ottawa was arrested (later convicted in July 2014) of knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity and participation in the activities of a terrorist group.[10][11]
  • 2013 - Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser of Montreal and Toronto, respectively, charged as part of an alleged Al Qaeda plot to derail a New York to Toronto train on the Canadian side of the border. Alleged plot was not imminent.[citation needed] Canadian Muslims helped to foil the alleged plot.[12] The suspects said they were arrested based on their appearance.[13][14]
  • October 20, 2014 – On October 20, 2014, two Canadian Forces members were hit by Martin Couture-Rouleau, a recent Muslim convert in what is known as the 2014 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu ramming attack. Warrant officer Patrice Vincent died of his injuries. Couture-Rouleau was eventually gunned down and killed.[15]
  • October 22, 2014 - Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a convert to Islam, fatally shot Corporal Nathan Cirillo, a Canadian soldier on ceremonial sentry duty at the Canadian National War Memorial in Ottawa, and then forced his way into Canada's parliament building, where he had a shootout with parliament security personnel. He was shot 31 times and died at the scene. Zehaf-Bibeau made a video prior to the attack in which he expressed his motives as being related "to Canada's foreign policy and in respect of his religious beliefs."[16][17]
  • August 10, 2016 - Aaron Driver was killed in Strathroy, Ontario, in a confrontation with police after detonating an explosive in the back seat of a taxi. The confrontation followed a tip from the FBI that Driver had made a "martyrdom video" and was planning an attack on an urban area.[18]
  • September 30, 2017 - 30-year-old Abdulahi Sharif drives into Edmonton police constable Mike Chernyk then stabs him near Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta, fleeing and later hitting four pedestrians with a rental truck during a police pursuit in the 2017 Edmonton attack.[19][20] Police are investigating the incident as an act of terrorism and confirmed the presence of an ISIS flag in the van that struck the police officer.[21][22] Sharif was confirmed by RCMP assistant commissioner Marlin Degrand as a Somali national known to the RCMP and Edmonton police as having past displayed signs of extremism

".....most of the terrorists come down from Canada...."

I count two instances in what you provided.  2.  Two.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 8:18 PM, steve4102 said:

Ever see a skinny poor kid who's parents are on the dole?

Ever see a skinny welfare queen at Wall Mart?

Me Neither. 

Ever stand in line at the Grocery Store behind someone using a EBT card?  Wish I could afford that much steak, junk food and and precooked packaged Heat-n-Serve Freezer Food. 

Tain't never seen no EBT user buying taters in the sack, Whole Turkeys on sale, Rice, Dried Beans, Dried Peas, Dried Pasta, Whole Pork Butts on sale, not even plain old hamburger that must be fried/cooked at home.  The only thing I have seen em by that needs to be cooked is high dollar steaks and seafood, stuff I can't afford.   Everything else is pre-packaged, per-cooked, ready to eat, of Microwave in 5 minutes   or less.

As for "Nutrition" you are totally correct.  Those on the dole eat junk, expensive junk, if  they are not buying pre-cooked unhealthy junk at the Grocery Store they are filling up on Micky Dees and the like. 

I work in for an assisted living community, and I have about 30 CNA’s, mostly younger single moms, trying to subsist on $13.00/hr.  This industry just doesn’t pay well.

Admittedly, these kids haven’t always made great decisions, but they’re doing their best, usually in the absence of a decent family or upbringing.  And after paying costs of living and childcare, they’re stretching the rubber band pretty thin.  They’re climbing out, but they just need a little help. Many are too proud to take any assistance, and macaroni and milk is supper all too often for a few of them.

The story that you painted is both cliche’ and false.  

Are there abuses?  Sure.  I’ve nudged my taxes once in a while, too, so, there’s that whole glass house thing.

If you can prove that what you just posted (as I’ve quoted you) is true, my full apology will be posted here.

You don’t live in that world, but I live uncomfortably close to it.

You are just very simply, wrong.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Brown Hawk said:

Don’t do the second, just the first.  Way too many of us would miss you.  

And just to hit below the belt to keep you around, WWOD (What Would Okie Do?). 

Hawk 

Thanks. I meant out of this thread and this left winger troll crap.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Thanks. I meant out of this thread and this left winger troll crap.

Funny how anyone who disagrees with you is labeled a troll, and it's even funnier how if they were trolls, they always manage to hook you.

It's almost like you want to be hooked.

Edited by Jammersix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Moshe said:

Islamist extremism

• December 14, 1999 - Ahmed Ressam, known as the Millennium Bomber, was arrested upon entering the United States by a ferry from Victoria, British Columbia. He was smuggling explosives in his car from Canada as part of a plot to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on New Year's Eve 1999, as part of the foiled 2000 millennium attack plots.
  • April 2004 - A Canadian Muslim of Lebanese descent firebombs the library of the United Talmud Torahs Montreal Jewish school.
  • 2006 - In the 2006 Ontario terrorism plot, Canadian counter-terrorism forces arrested 18 terrorists (dubbed the "Toronto 18") inspired by al-Qaeda. They were accused of planning to detonate truck bombs, to open fire in a crowded area, and to storm the Canadian Broadcasting Centre, the Canadian Parliament building, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) headquarters, and the parliamentary Peace Tower, to take hostages and to behead the Prime Minister and other leaders.
  • August 2010 - Misbahuddin Ahmed of Ottawa was arrested (later convicted in July 2014) of knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity and participation in the activities of a terrorist group.[10][11]
  • 2013 - Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser of Montreal and Toronto, respectively, charged as part of an alleged Al Qaeda plot to derail a New York to Toronto train on the Canadian side of the border. Alleged plot was not imminent.[citation needed] Canadian Muslims helped to foil the alleged plot.[12] The suspects said they were arrested based on their appearance.[13][14]
  • October 20, 2014 – On October 20, 2014, two Canadian Forces members were hit by Martin Couture-Rouleau, a recent Muslim convert in what is known as the 2014 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu ramming attack. Warrant officer Patrice Vincent died of his injuries. Couture-Rouleau was eventually gunned down and killed.[15]
  • October 22, 2014 - Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a convert to Islam, fatally shot Corporal Nathan Cirillo, a Canadian soldier on ceremonial sentry duty at the Canadian National War Memorial in Ottawa, and then forced his way into Canada's parliament building, where he had a shootout with parliament security personnel. He was shot 31 times and died at the scene. Zehaf-Bibeau made a video prior to the attack in which he expressed his motives as being related "to Canada's foreign policy and in respect of his religious beliefs."[16][17]
  • August 10, 2016 - Aaron Driver was killed in Strathroy, Ontario, in a confrontation with police after detonating an explosive in the back seat of a taxi. The confrontation followed a tip from the FBI that Driver had made a "martyrdom video" and was planning an attack on an urban area.[18]
  • September 30, 2017 - 30-year-old Abdulahi Sharif drives into Edmonton police constable Mike Chernyk then stabs him near Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta, fleeing and later hitting four pedestrians with a rental truck during a police pursuit in the 2017 Edmonton attack.[19][20] Police are investigating the incident as an act of terrorism and confirmed the presence of an ISIS flag in the van that struck the police officer.[21][22] Sharif was confirmed by RCMP assistant commissioner Marlin Degrand as a Somali national known to the RCMP and Edmonton police as having past displayed signs of extremism

Jesus, you're stupid; Of everything you listed above, only ONE had anything to do with the US. And that one person was stopped at the boarder. Soooooo.....".....most of the terrorists come down from Canada...." is completely false. We've had actual terrorist attacks here, and I know of none that have "come down from Canada".

Way to factually disprove your own statements!!!!

Get help, you need it.

Edited by M&P15T
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Funny how anyone who disagrees with you is labeled a troll, and it's even funnier how if they were trolls, they always manage to hook you.

It's almost like you want to be hooked.

Jammer, why don't you share a bit about yourself with the folks here? 

Start with.....are you employed?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, M&P15T said:

Jammer, why don't you share a bit about yourself with the folks here?

He's a scholarly poster,  with an intrinsic insight  into the most mundane, individual, postings.

His doctoral thesis is based upon Disgruntled Trolls, And How Someone Might See Themselves In Random Postings.

The replies are what he lives for.

21 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

You must be new. 

Do you see under his name where it says, “Senior Member”?

You've got less than 100 posts since July.   How about you shut your pie hole, sit back, and learn how to effectively communicate?

We all know your intent by your sig lines, but these guys will still give you a chance if you just simply be polite.  

Savvy?

Edited by jame
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jame said:

Do you see under his name where it says, “Senior Member”?

You've got less than 100 posts since July.   How about you shut your pie hole, sit back, and learn how to effectively communicate?

We all know your intent by your sig lines, but these guys will still give you a chance if you just simply be polite.  

Savvy?

Well, how about that?  I don't normally even take a glance at sig lines, but I am now better informed, thanks.  ?

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, M&P15T said:

Jesus, you're stupid; Of everything you listed above, only ONE had anything to do with the US. And that one person was stopped at the boarder. Soooooo.....".....most of the terrorists come down from Canada...." is completely false. We've had actual terrorist attacks here, and I know of none that have "come down from Canada".

Way to factually disprove your own statements!!!!

Get help, you need it.

I know the job, people who have done the job.  You might not remember 9/11 but we were on full alert then.  We had to contact a terrorist database on suspected foreigners which covered Canada constantly for this very reason.  The Northern Border is  poorly patrolled.  Yet, that is the biggest gateway of terrorism facing the United States.  It is disingenuous to say we need only a Southern Wall.  Again, walls aren't things but to be destroyed, scaled., or used for higher ground to attack the defenders. below.  A DMZ has been keeping South Korea safe for how long?  They are worthy of one, yet our Country is not?

Moreover, if the paradigm is "Walls keep everyone out."  Then the White House doesn't need uniformed and plain clothes armed Secret Service Officers, they wouldn't need an armed Marine Corps contingent in the backwoods of the Whitehouse, present, but never seen.

The POTUS who says a wall will solve everything, clearly needs to put his money where his money where his mouth his.  He has a virtual army keeping the White House safe at all times.  Yet, the rank and file people only need a "wall."  And let us not forget this is the Administration that oversees the BATFE, and determined United Citizens can't be trusted with Bump Stocks, which is gimmicky compared to full auto as it is.

On 12/30/2018 at 12:11 PM, Moshe said:

Moreover, if the paradigm is "Walls keep everyone out."  Then the White House doesn't need uniformed and plain clothes armed Secret Service Officers, they wouldn't need an armed Marine Corps contingent in the backwoods of the Whitehouse, present, but never seen.

The POTUS who says a wall will solve everything, clearly needs to put his money where his money where his mouth his.  He has a virtual army keeping the White House safe at all times.  Yet, the rank and file people only need a "wall."  And let us not forget this is the Administration that oversees the BATFE, and determined United Citizens can't be trusted with Bump Stocks, which is gimmicky compared to full auto as it is.

Aren't you the chicken rancher from the other site? I'm getting a vibe.

• Like 1

i`d point out in all fairness i know off the top of my head 15 people i grew up with that would`nt be here if it wasn't for welfare and W.I.C. specifically.

they all lived in the Southie projects and were all victims of Democratic do gooding social policies that made it almost impossible to get out of and just as hard to get away from.

just saying.

Edited by holyjohnson

On 12/30/2018 at 12:11 PM, Moshe said:

When did Trump say "a wall will solve everything"?  I must have missed that.  I did hear him say "WE HAVE TO HAVE A WALL AS PART OF BORDER SECURITY."  It's in caps because it can't be more clear.  Or are you just spouting more hyperbole and strawman arguments?  Do you at least admit that what we've tried for the past fifty years to keep illegals from crossing our border isn't working?

Edited by fortyofforty
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fortyofforty said:

When did Trump say "a wall will solve everything"?  I must have missed that.  I did hear him say "WE HAVE TO HAVE A WALL AS PART OF BORDER SECURITY."  It's in caps because it can't be more clear.  Or are you just spouting more hyperbole and strawman arguments?  Do you at least admit that what we've tried for the past fifty years to keep illegals from crossing our border isn't working?

I guess you don't watch the News or his daily "Tweets"  That was the last one prior to 2019.  I don't have an internal filter that takes stupid and turns it into greatness.  I don't do that with anyone.  Let alone politicians.   Do you agree over 50 years in the North Korean/South Korean DMZ we have secured a hostile border, better than we have given this Country?

• Eric locked this topic