Food Stamp Money Will Run Out By The End Of January If The Government Shutdown Lasts That Long

pipedreams

1 minute ago, Mr. Black said:

Apologize for that.   Wasn't right.   Just venting a little bit.  

I am a firearms enthusiast not a political bull ****ter.   I kinda figured this would be the place for that, but for a while now when you click the unread content button the results ore 95% political and not much guns.  

And then when you open said threads it's the same ole crap and a lot of the same ole players.     

Cool... we can disagree at times and be friends. Like alll my friends that walk into my open door.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Moeman said:

And your take on abortion? BTW I’ve witnessed more of that in affluent houses due to shame than low income houses. 

There are other ways to not have children.  Also, even if you have them you can put them up for adoption.

• Like 3

Pretty much every tool can find a job in this economy. One that puts a roof over the head, and food in the face. Even mentally challenged folks do get jobs, for example bagging groceries at Publix at $12 an hour. That's almost $2,000 a month.

• Apartment $700
  • Power $100
  • Utilities $100
  • Internet $50
  • Pre-paid cell phone plan $50
  • Groceries $300
  • Payment for a cheap car $100
  • Gas $100
  • Auto insurance $100

Total $1,600

I have never received one single cent from government or alike in my entire life, but paid a shitton of taxes for those assholes who abuse the handouts. ****'em.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Moeman said:

How is voicing one’s opinion trolling..

Opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one, but most opinions are backed up with facts, and you?

Have you?  Have yo ever seen a skinny kid in welfare?

Have you even see a person use an EBT card to purchase real food instead of expensive junk food?

How about this, take a drive, or a walk, or a bus, or a train and go out in search of a poor malnourished skinny kid in America that society or the government has abandoned and refused to feed, cloth and house.  ...and NO children abused by their EBT card carrying meth head, crack head parents doesn't count.  That would be the result of child abuse by the parents not the fault of the richest country in the world.

Hint, before you waist your time heading out into Real America in search of this mythical beast, a little hint, they do not exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve4102 said:

Opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one, but most opinions are backed up with facts, and you?

Have you?  Have yo ever seen a skinny kid in welfare?

Have you even see a person use an EBT card to purchase real food instead of expensive junk food?

How about this, take a drive, or a walk, or a bus, or a train and go out in search of a poor malnourished skinny kid in America that society or the government has abandoned and refused to feed, cloth and house.  ...and NO children abused by their EBT card carrying meth head, crack head parents doesn't count.  That would be the result of child abuse by the parents not the fault of the richest country in the world.

Hint, before you waist your time heading out into Real America in search of this mythical beast, a little hint, they do not exist.

Was behind someone at WalMart a couple of days ago using EBT.  Young couple, in their 20's, one cute little kid.  White folks.  Female was fairly attractive and slim.  Male was heroin skinny with neck tattoos.  I don't recall what they were buying since I consider it rude to look at other people's purchases in line.

8 hours ago, Moeman said:

And your take on abortion? BTW I’ve witnessed more of that in affluent houses due to shame than low income houses. 

I'm not going to chase your fallacy, thanks.

But, I will say I don't have any progeny that were not planned.  It is pretty simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

The point is...

the press is gonna be running story after story about how Trumps shutdown is starving kids. Followed by the drop in his poll numbers

not a new tactic, but one that works

Yeah.  It has worked in the past. But it is old tactics, and they are not working so well any more.  Which is probably why the stridency is getting so much worse.  

And given how many support the wall?  Will it be Trump’s shutdown? Or Pelosi’s?  

Hawk 

4 minutes ago, PeterG7 said:

Hunger is a great motivator and this job market is strong.

Note to self: move up yearly ammo purchases.  

After a doctor’s visit, a lady went to her pastor.  “Pastor, my doctor says that for my health, I have to quit work and rest, not even fix dinner or clean.  But if I do that, my son will starve!”  The pastor, knowing the 28 year old sloth (sorry - son) replied gently, “Well, then you’ll both be in heaven together.”  So the lady went home and announced to her son that because of her health, they were going to starve to death, but they would both be in heaven together.  

Sloth had a job next morning.  

Hawk. 

Same note to self.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

The point is...

the press is gonna be running story after story about how Trumps shutdown is starving kids. Followed by the drop in his poll numbers

not a new tactic, but one that works

So lets stop sharing those fake ass links to these crapshot sites, shall we? The media makes money on every single click.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Moeman said:

In the abortion issue, at least in affluent households, the abortions are paid for by the recipient/insurance company, not by the cash cow American Taxpayer.

As Al C. alluded to, the Welfare Mamas keep popping out chirren (often by multiple fathers) that they can't afford because they know every new mouth is an increase in benefits.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, steve4102 said:

Well then Schumer best get busy and call on his band of misfits to vote Yes to fund the wall.

The wall we have does nothing now.  People put ladders up to get over it, or simply throw boulder sized rocks at the USBP in Arizona.  A wall is nothing more to be destroyed or scaled.  Now, a DMZ, that is logical.  If walls actually stopped people, do you think we would be wanting one on the Northern Border where most of the terrorists come down from Canada, as they admitted them into their country for decades as landed immigrants?  Because, it isn't sexy politics.  If walls solved everything, we could create sea walls and get rid of the Coast Guard and the Border Patrol, and tell the wall to take care of it.  So, this whole fight is not logical.  No one really give's a rat's ass about the Nation's Security except the little guys doing the job, and they are getting screwed so both sides can stir up their base.  If walls solved everything, idiots wouldn't have landed on the White House Lawn, like the crazy mailman.  The Wall at the White House was not unbreachable.  It took an veritable army of uniformed Secret Service and Marines to keep the President safe.  They are there to this day.  Why?  Because if they abandoned their post and just left the wall, we wouldn't have a President anymore. 

So, the wall argument is just stupid political games of whose schlong is bigger than the next guy.  It really has nothing to do with a viable, actual solution.   If they really meant what they said, and were sincere about this argument, we would have Marines and USBP shoring up all the Border vulnerable entries.  Now, I cannot speak for the "New Patrol" as I found their Spanish skills lacking.  But, in the old Patrol you had to speak, write, read Spanish, and be familiar with Immigration Law.  Your career depended on it.  You were tested at your 6.5 month probation and your 10 month probation.  Apparently, sadly, they don't do that anymore.   Part of the dumbing down of America, I suppose.  But, if they implemented those policies again, the two assets could work in conjunction.  Muscle and brain all working in harmony to defend the Nation.  But, again, no one really wants that.  They just want to get their base excited.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M&P15T said:

I have gots to gets me some of what you're on.

Islamist extremism

• December 14, 1999 - Ahmed Ressam, known as the Millennium Bomber, was arrested upon entering the United States by a ferry from Victoria, British Columbia. He was smuggling explosives in his car from Canada as part of a plot to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on New Year's Eve 1999, as part of the foiled 2000 millennium attack plots.
  • April 2004 - A Canadian Muslim of Lebanese descent firebombs the library of the United Talmud Torahs Montreal Jewish school.
  • 2006 - In the 2006 Ontario terrorism plot, Canadian counter-terrorism forces arrested 18 terrorists (dubbed the "Toronto 18") inspired by al-Qaeda. They were accused of planning to detonate truck bombs, to open fire in a crowded area, and to storm the Canadian Broadcasting Centre, the Canadian Parliament building, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) headquarters, and the parliamentary Peace Tower, to take hostages and to behead the Prime Minister and other leaders.
  • August 2010 - Misbahuddin Ahmed of Ottawa was arrested (later convicted in July 2014) of knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity and participation in the activities of a terrorist group.[10][11]
  • 2013 - Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser of Montreal and Toronto, respectively, charged as part of an alleged Al Qaeda plot to derail a New York to Toronto train on the Canadian side of the border. Alleged plot was not imminent.[citation needed] Canadian Muslims helped to foil the alleged plot.[12] The suspects said they were arrested based on their appearance.[13][14]
  • October 20, 2014 – On October 20, 2014, two Canadian Forces members were hit by Martin Couture-Rouleau, a recent Muslim convert in what is known as the 2014 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu ramming attack. Warrant officer Patrice Vincent died of his injuries. Couture-Rouleau was eventually gunned down and killed.[15]
  • October 22, 2014 - Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a convert to Islam, fatally shot Corporal Nathan Cirillo, a Canadian soldier on ceremonial sentry duty at the Canadian National War Memorial in Ottawa, and then forced his way into Canada's parliament building, where he had a shootout with parliament security personnel. He was shot 31 times and died at the scene. Zehaf-Bibeau made a video prior to the attack in which he expressed his motives as being related "to Canada's foreign policy and in respect of his religious beliefs."[16][17]
  • August 10, 2016 - Aaron Driver was killed in Strathroy, Ontario, in a confrontation with police after detonating an explosive in the back seat of a taxi. The confrontation followed a tip from the FBI that Driver had made a "martyrdom video" and was planning an attack on an urban area.[18]
  • September 30, 2017 - 30-year-old Abdulahi Sharif drives into Edmonton police constable Mike Chernyk then stabs him near Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta, fleeing and later hitting four pedestrians with a rental truck during a police pursuit in the 2017 Edmonton attack.[19][20] Police are investigating the incident as an act of terrorism and confirmed the presence of an ISIS flag in the van that struck the police officer.[21][22] Sharif was confirmed by RCMP assistant commissioner Marlin Degrand as a Somali national known to the RCMP and Edmonton police as having past displayed signs of extremism

• Eric locked this topic