Food Stamp Money Will Run Out By The End Of January If The Government Shutdown Lasts That Long

pipedreams

"Eligible households will still receive monthly SNAP benefits for January. But other domestic nutrition assistance programs such as the Commodity Supplemental Food Program, WIC, and the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations will only be operational based on available resources. Additional federal funds and commodities will not be provided during the shutdown.

Child nutrition programs including School Lunch, School Breakfast, Child and Adult Care Feeding, Summer Food Service and Special Milk will continue through February."

https://www.newswars.com/uh-oh-food-stamp-money-will-run-out-by-the-end-of-january-if-the-government-shutdown-lasts-that-long/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmohme said:

So the question now is will running out of money for handout programs have a similar effect as building a wall.

No handouts, why bother crossing the border?

I'll give them a handout to cross the border in a southern direction and NOT COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Moeman said:

Yeah, let the people who state we are the richest nation not let nutrition get to poor kids. Shameful. If you don’t want to help others in need and have a dime, double shameful. 

Ever see a skinny poor kid who's parents are on the dole?

Ever see a skinny welfare queen at Wall Mart?

Me Neither. 

Ever stand in line at the Grocery Store behind someone using a EBT card?  Wish I could afford that much steak, junk food and and precooked packaged Heat-n-Serve Freezer Food. 

Tain't never seen no EBT user buying taters in the sack, Whole Turkeys on sale, Rice, Dried Beans, Dried Peas, Dried Pasta, Whole Pork Butts on sale, not even plain old hamburger that must be fried/cooked at home.  The only thing I have seen em by that needs to be cooked is high dollar steaks and seafood, stuff I can't afford.   Everything else is pre-packaged, per-cooked, ready to eat, of Microwave in 5 minutes   or less.

As for "Nutrition" you are totally correct.  Those on the dole eat junk, expensive junk, if  they are not buying pre-cooked unhealthy junk at the Grocery Store they are filling up on Micky Dees and the like. 

Edited by steve4102
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moeman said:

Yeah, let the people who state we are the richest nation not let nutrition get to poor kids. Shameful. If you don’t want to help others in need and have a dime, double shameful. 

You must be the wanker that likes every post from that other troll wanker in here to give him such a lopsided amount of likes for a gun board.    Hmmmmmmm

I don't post here as much anymore because the troll posting gets old fast and the fact that nothing gets done about it get even older.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mr. Black said:

You must be the wanker that likes every post from that other troll wanker in here to give him such a lopsided amount of likes for a gun board.    Hmmmmmmm

I don't post here as much anymore because the troll posting gets old fast and the fact that nothing gets done about it get even older.  

Mostly we like it that way.  Too much of people agreeing with you can cause you to start believing in your own infallability.  Eric does a pretty good job - retract that!  A really really good job.  

Hawk

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Mr. Black said:

That prick earned my first use of the Ignore feature.

Highly recommended.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Black said:

What do you expect to be done about it?  You can ignore just as well as anyone else.  They may be wankers but if you want to censor people you disagree with you are your own kind of wanker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

What do you expect to be done about it?  You can ignore just as well as anyone else.  They may be wankers but if you want to censor people you disagree with you are your own kind of wanker.

It's not about censoring.  It's about blatant trolling.   It gets old man.  That's all I'm saying.    

I don't know why, I don't even see it as debating.  It's like trolls are fed into this place and another place just to create havoc.    If that's your thing then that's cool.   I don't care for it.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Black said:

It's not about censoring.  It's about blatant trolling.   It gets old man.  That's all I'm saying.    

I don't know why, I don't even see it as debating.  It's like trolls are fed into this place and another place just to create havoc.    If that's your thing then that's cool.   I don't care for it.  

No definitely not my thing.  Best thing to do is not feed them although I don't think they are actual trolls.  I think they believe it.  Some of it I can see is just perspective, other stuff seems plain ignorant.  In this case I agree I do not want to see kids starve but I think we all know that will not happen.  As many have already mentioned most on EBT are doing better than us and if the poor kids are stuck with parents to stupid to figure out how to get food if the EBT is down they have bigger problems than the food.  But it makes them feel good to think they are on the high ground.

My dad likes to say if two of us agree one of us is not needed.  I guess they keep it interesting to a point.

1 hour ago, Mr. Black said:

How is voicing one’s opinion trolling...  and you? Personal insult... geez... and yes  i own many guns. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moeman said:

Personal insult... geez... and yes  i own many guns. 

Apologize for that.   Wasn't right.   Just venting a little bit.  

I am a firearms enthusiast not a political bull shitter.   I kinda figured this would be the place for that, but for a while now when you click the unread content button the results ore 95% political and not much guns.  

And then when you open said threads it's the same ole crap and a lot of the same ole players.     

2 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

What is shameful is that people have kids without the means to feed and care for them, and expect the taxpayers to do it.

And your take on abortion? BTW I’ve witnessed more of that in affluent houses due to shame than low income houses. 

• Eric locked this topic