CNN Believes Trump Violated Ethics, Campaign Laws During Visit to Iraq

steve4102

Everyone's favorite reporter, CNN White House Correspondent Jim Acosta, filled in for Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday. During the program, Acosta went into detail about why he thought President Donald Trump violated ethics and campaign laws during his trip to Iraq to visit American troops.

Troops lined up to meet the president and some of them had Make America Great Again hats and flags, which the president signed for them. 

And now, CNN has an issue with it, as evidenced by their constant coverage and the remarks made by their reporters and contributors.

“It is, in fact, a campaign slogan, that is a campaign item, and it’s completely inappropriate for the troops to do this,” former Obama administration official and retired Rear Admiral John Kirby said. “Not supposed to do this. And I’m sure their boss is seeing that. They’re not going to be happy about it.”

Some are even accusing Trump of bringing campaign gear to the meeting, which was evident by Acosta's baiting question.

“Is that unusual, to see the President doing that on base? Does this run the risk of the President, you know, facing some accusations that he's turning some of this into a campaign stop? What do you think,” Acosta asked CNN Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr.

“The pool reporters traveling said that the troops brought the hats with them, including one hat that said ‘Trump 2020. We will have to see if that actually proves to be the case. The question is, if they brought them or if the President brought them: What commander allowed that to really happen?” Starr asked. “Troops are not supposed to be involved in political activities. The U.S. military is not a political force.”

And CNN wonders why more than half of America deems them fake news?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2018/12/27/oh-brother-cnn-believes-trump-violated-ethics-campaign-laws-during-visit-to-ir-n2538102?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=12/27/2018&bcid=f3b32cb9739f7ac823837210e9d3eaf4&recip=27116010

• Like 1

Social medial going after CNN.

"CNN was slammed for what many -- including White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders -- called overwhelmingly negative coverage of President Trump’s visit to the troops overseas. "

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-slammed-for-trashing-trumps-visit-to-troops-criticizing-soldiers-for-bringing-maga-hats

• Thanks 1

One of the conservative talk show hosts yesterday opined that because the trip was so overwhelmingly appropriate, positive, patriotic, and the right thing to do, that the liberal media would find something to turn it into a negative for Trump.

He was correct.

The media are nothing but propagandistas for the leftists and are enemies of the country and the constitution.

Not sure how you can control and punish a free press whose only objective is to destroy your country.  I don't think the founding fathers could have possibly anticipated such an evil press and such a lazy and apathetic citizenry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jmohme said:

CNN doesn't believe squat! They just want everyone else to believe it.

The really terrifying part is that they really do believe it.  When no one you interact with disagrees with you, you begin to truly believe.  Which is where they are right now.  

Hawk 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Brown Hawk said:

The really terrifying part is that they really do believe it.  When no one you interact with disagrees with you, you begin to truly believe.  Which is where they are right now.  

Hawk 

I really don't think that they do believe or care. The only thing that they do believe is that Trump must be stopped at all costs. Any lie they can fabricate or report is justified if it moves them closer to that goal.

Edited by jmohme
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I really don't think that they do believe or care. The only thing that they do believe is that Trump must be stopped at all costs. Any lie they can fabricate or report is justified if it moves them closer to that goal.

Basically, Gobbels whole attitude.  And he was such a true believer that he murdered his own children.  

Just because it is stupid, doesn’t mean people can’t be true believers.  And that is how true believers act.  

Hawk

9 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

the CNN story just an hour before was how President Trump did`nt go to Iraq at all,

so i don`t even know which fake news lie story to not believe at this point!

Actually, fairly easy when your brain settles down.  If their lips are moving . . .

Hawk 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Is there a secret handshake or decoder ring?  ?

Bar tab. They drink like fish and congregate like purple martins.

Editor of my last paper, "quit yer bitchie bitchie and get me a scotchie scotchie."

I always admired him.  Not his liver. That was like Swiss cheese.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valmet said:

What DOESN’T cnn think these days? 

I stopped reading them years ago. They rarely produce anything interesting.

Try the Wall Street Journal. They actually employ journalists who can wright and edit.

The Washington Post slumped after the Graham were no longer editors.

• Like 1

Don’t sign hats, give out some coins.

Signing hats is a photo op

challenge coins are what the troops want. Yes, Trump redisigned it to show his name on the front and MAGA. 

But still

4B1C0519-94E5-4B9D-9180-E6478A7E6779.jpeg.ca537ec240002f60cece301e9dc777eb.jpeg

Clockwise from left, the coins for Vice President Mike Pence, Vice President Joe Biden, President Barack Obama and President Trump.

Edited by Dric902