Mattis Ordered to Leave the White House Two Months Ahead of Schedule.

steve4102

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/23/trump-replace-james-mattis/?utm_medium=push&utm_source=daily_caller&utm_campaign=push

President Trump announced Sunday that Secretary of Defense James Mattis will leave office on Jan. 1, two months earlier than expected.

Trump is appointing Mattis’ deputy, Patrick M. Shanahan, as acting defense secretary until a permanent replacement is found, he announced on Twitter.

Excellent, get him gone ASAP.  One would think that a man that has served in the Military his whole life were learn how to take orders and learn not to make derogatory comments to the press about your CIC.

Good riddance! 

What exactly were these derogatory comments by Mattis? Other than his public (and carefully and respectfully written) resignation statement, there have been no substantiated derogatory comments by Mattis. 

4102, I get it... Trump is your guy, and anyone who is not is unworthy. I voted for him, because the alternative was unacceptable. Mattis will depart early, and will do so quietly, but to describe this as good riddance is simply unsupportable. No other SECDEF in modern times has had the universal respect Mattis has had during his tenure. You can support the President and still respect those with whom he disagrees. Mattis displayed moral courage in resigning. His alternative would have been to stay on the job and become a "deep stater", and being a consummate professional, that was impossible.

So, appreciate the things he accomplished and the fact that he did the honorable thing by resigning. Or not...

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, TXUSMC said:

What exactly were these derogatory comments by Mattis? Other than his public (and carefully and respectfully written) resignation statement, there have been no substantiated derogatory comments by Mattis. 

4102, I get it... Trump is your guy, and anyone who is not is unworthy. I voted for him, because the alternative was unacceptable. Mattis will depart early, and will do so quietly, but to describe this as good riddance is simply unsupportable. No other SECDEF in modern times has had the universal respect Mattis has had during his tenure. You can support the President and still respect those with whom he disagrees. Mattis displayed moral courage in resigning. His alternative would have been to stay on the job and become a "deep stater", and being a consummate professional, that was impossible.

So, appreciate the things he accomplished and the fact that he did the honorable thing by resigning. Or not...

He carefully worded that President Trump disrespects our allies.  Total lack of class when heading out the door, total!

Edited by steve4102

4102, it's hard to name an ally that Trump hasn't insulted (okay, Poland).

Mattis reasons for resigning were not thinly veiled... he was quite direct. Credit for being a stand-up guy, and for not using the typical excuses (time with family, health, unspecified personal reasons). Men like Mattis don't hide behind euphemisms.

I think Trump is angry that Mattis got the drop him and resigned before Trump could fire him by tweet.

As a citizen, I want the best for our nation, and by extension, our President. I won't be a sycophant, though, and blindly cheer his every move.

• Like 2

And Brett McGurk quits because Trump quits in ISIS ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-envoy-to-coalition-fighting-isis-resigns-in-protest-of-trumps-syria-decision/2018/12/22/a5f42bc0-0606-11e9-b5df-5d3874f1ac36_story.html?utm_term=.3ccc711426f8

one area Trump may have right... we should get out of the ME altogether, stop protecting poppy field stop the billions to Israel and Egypt to keep from killing them selves. Sanctions global do enough.   

Edited by Moeman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TXUSMC said:

4102, it's hard to name an ally that Trump hasn't insulted (okay, Poland).

Mattis reasons for resigning were not thinly veiled... he was quite direct. Credit for being a stand-up guy, and for not using the typical excuses (time with family, health, unspecified personal reasons). Men like Mattis don't hide behind euphemisms.

I think Trump is angry that Mattis got the drop him and resigned before Trump could fire him by tweet.

As a citizen, I want the best for our nation, and by extension, our President. I won't be a sycophant, though, and blindly cheer his every move.

Mattis is a Globalist and as far as one can be to a America First Nationalist.

He is a neocon pure plain and simple.

President Trump gave him a second chance after he was fired by Obama, big mistake.

The man was fired by two consecutive Presidents and on his way out the door, he flips President Trump the Bird.  Lack of class is to nice for this POS. 

6 minutes ago, Moeman said:

And Brett McGurk quits because Trump quits in ISIS ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-envoy-to-coalition-fighting-isis-resigns-in-protest-of-trumps-syria-decision/2018/12/22/a5f42bc0-0606-11e9-b5df-5d3874f1ac36_story.html?utm_term=.3ccc711426f8

one area Trump may have right... we should get out of the ME altogether, stop protects poppy field stop the billions to Israel and Egypt to keep from killing them selves. Sanctions global do enough.   

Bull ****.

He was scheduled to retire in February, his early departure has nothing to do with ISIS, he was an OBAMA appointee and was forced to resign a long time ago.

23 minutes ago, steve4102 said:

Mattis is a Globalist and as far as one can be to a America First Nationalist.

He is a neocon pure plain and simple.

President Trump gave him a second chance after he was fired by Obama, big mistake.

The man was fired by two consecutive Presidents and on his way out the door, he flips President Trump the Bird.  Lack of class is to nice for this POS. 

If POS was a discription of any of the parties involved, it would most certainly not be Mattis. 

• Like 5

From what I know of Mattis I like him but I don't understand why he thinks Trump needs to do everything he wants.  CIC is in charge, not sec def.  If he really thinks this is such a terrible mistake it would be nice to know why but perhaps he cannot say.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

From what I know of Mattis I like him but I don't understand why he thinks Trump needs to do everything he wants.  CIC is in charge, not sec def.  If he really thinks this is such a terrible mistake it would be nice to know why but perhaps he cannot say.

TRUMP DECIDED TO WITHDRAW FROM SYRIA AFTER STUMPING JOHN BOLTON WITH ONE QUESTION

President Donald Trump reportedly stumped national security adviser John Bolton with one crucial question before making his heavily-criticized decision to withdraw U.S. forces from Syria.

The president agreed to the withdrawal during a December 14 phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, two officials told NBC News, but the original purpose of the call had been “for Trump to tell Erdogan to back off” threats to attack American supported Kurdish rebels, 

But Trump went off-script during the call and agreed with Erdogan, particularly when the Turkish president asked Trump, “Why are you still there?” when the Islamic State had been 99 percent defeated. Erdogan reportedly told Trump that his country could handle what was left.

Then, Trump stumped Bolton, who was “forced to admit” Erdogan’s point.

With Erdogan on the line, Trump asked national security adviser John Bolton, who was listening in, why American troops remained in Syria if what the Turkish president was saying was true, according to the officials. Erdogan’s point, Bolton was forced to admit, had been backed up by Mattis, Pompeo, U.S. special envoy for Syria Jim Jeffrey and special envoy for the anti-ISIS coalition Brett McGurk, who have said that IS retains only 1 percent of its territory, 

White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller summed up the president’s view during a Thursday night appearance with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.

“This president got elected to get our foreign policy back on the right track after years of being adrift,” Miller said. “One foreign policy blunder after another in Iraq and Afghanistan and Libya hasn’t worked out for our national interest.”

“And let’s talk about Syria,” he added. “Let’s talk about the fact — ISIS is the enemy of Russia. ISIS is the enemy of Assad. ISIS is the enemy of Turkey. Are we supposed to stay in Syria for generation after generation, spilling American blood to fight the enemies of all those countries? Wolf, when did the American people sign up to be in every war in every place in every side of every conflict all over planet earth?”

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/22/trump-syria-bolton-withdrawal/

Oh, is this the guy that had the gall to tell the President that Posse Comitatus applies to the United States Army?  I realize there are a lot of people who thinks Trump craps soft serve, but I am not one of them.  His 14th Amendment gaffe to not understanding the limitations of the military as Commander-In-Chief, to playing Grinch shut down during the Holidays, I am less and less impressed.  Now, he is clearly narcissistic and proud of everything he does.  But, when it is stupid he needs to be called out on it.  The trouble is the only person Trump listens to is Trump.

19 minutes ago, Moshe said:

, to playing Grinch shut down during the Holidays, I am less and less impressed.

LOL, 

So you would want President Trump to Renege on his campaign promise and give the middle finger to all of his supporters that voted for him because of this very issue in order to keep the government 100% open for a few days?

You want him to cave to the media and the Democrats and forget about securing our borders, so the Government can stay open for a few days.

News flash, it's closed and nobody even knows or cares.  Those that are off for a few days or weeks are enjoying the additional payed vacation they are getting and are grateful to the President for giving them time off with pay above and beyond their normal vacation time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steve4102 said:

LOL, 

So you would want President Trump to Renege on his campaign promise and give the middle finger to all of his supporters that voted for him because of this very issue in order to keep the government 100% open for a few days?

You want him to cave to the media and the Democrats and forget about securing our borders, so the Government can stay open for a few days.

News flash, it's closed and nobody even knows or cares.  Those that are off for a few days or weeks are enjoying the additional payed vacation they are getting and are grateful to the President for giving them time off with pay above and beyond their normal vacation time.

But didn’t  he say Mexico was going to pay?

Now hes demanding we fund it  so you’re ok with reneging so long as it suits you?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

But didn’t  he say Mexico was going to pay?

Now hes demanding we fund it  so you’re ok with reneging so long as it suits you?

They are not going to write us a check but they will pay in reduced money sent to Mexico and other ways.  Like the money they are spending to keep central Americans in the South end of Mexico.  You can't take everything Trump says literally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve4102 said:

LOL, 

News flash, the guys on the Rio Grande, keeping you safe and warm in your bed, being fired on by the Mexican Military, and keeping bands of diseased ridden illegals and terrorists out the Country and some being murdered, aren't getting paid.  But, the assholes in Congress and President Furer, screw the Constitution, scofflaw and have a stupendous, safe, warm Christmas.    The Politicos are safe, warm, paid and happy.  Meanwhile the guys that put their lives on the line every day are getting Grinched.  Paid vacations go to secretaries, not those with firearms that keep your smarmy self safe and comfortable with your Social Security Pension.

Edited by Moshe

29 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

They are not going to write us a check but they will pay in reduced money sent to Mexico and other ways.  Like the money they are spending to keep central Americans in the South end of Mexico.  You can't take everything Trump says literally.

You can’t take almost anything he says literally/seriously apparently. 

Lock her up 

build/pay for a wall

Repeal O-care....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moshe said:

News flash, the guys on the Rio Grande, keeping you safe and warm in your bed, being fired on by the Mexican Military, and keeping bands of diseased ridden illegals and terrorists out the Country and some being murdered, aren't getting paid.  But, the *******s in Congress and President Furer, screw the Constitution, scofflaw and have a stupendous, safe, warm Christmas.    The Politicos are safe, warm, paid and happy.  Meanwhile the guys that put their lives on the line every day are getting Grinched.  Paid vacations go to secretaries, not those with firearms that keep your smarmy self safe and comfortable with your Social Security Pension.

WRONG, the only federal employees that will not be paid their regular salaries if  not working are NON-ESSENTIAL employees.  ICE and Border Patrol are ESSENTIAL.

Take a break from CNN and MSNBC, you might learn something.

Edited by steve4102

3 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

You can’t take almost anything he says literally/seriously apparently. 

Lock her up 

build/pay for a wall

Repeal O-care....

Don’t waste your time.  The Trumpians will just spin the words to make it look like he did what he said, but he didn’t, but he did.

If anyone would like to believe in the lessons of history, maybe someone could recite what happened when Johnson took the reins during the Vietnam Nam conflict.  Politicians have no business in battle directives.  Mattis is a warrior, and Trump is not.  

Johnson didn’t let us finish Viet Nam, and Trump won’t let us finish this.  This is bordering on tragic, and I’m afraid we’ll pay hard for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jame said:

Johnson didn’t let us finish Viet Nam, and Trump won’t let us finish this.  This is bordering on tragic, and I’m afraid we’ll pay hard for this.

Finish what?

Why were we in Syria in the first place?

What was the Military objective?

• Like 1

Pulling out of Syria and Afghanistan is not what war dogs want, they want war.

Anyone that wants to spend more American Blood and Money in the Middle East should have never accepted a position in this administration in the first place, The people didn't elect Donald Trump to continue this idiocy.