The shutdown.....but it's

ARP

I don't understand this strategy.

The president took a hard line, but then everyone went home.

His chances for money do not get better in January, they get significantly worse. So I don't understand throwing his hands in the air and waiting until he has no chance. He needed to make a deal and push before January, before the deal gets made without him, or, in the very worst political result, before a hostile deal gets made over his objections.

The only thing I can think of is he wants to wait until everyone can see he's outgunned before he abandons his position, but that would take considerably more political insight than he's demonstrated up to this point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jammersix said:

I don't understand this strategy.

The president took a hard line, but then everyone went home.

His chances for money do not get better in January, they get significantly worse. So I don't understand throwing his hands in the air and waiting until he has no chance. He needed to make a deal and push before January, before the deal gets made without him, or, in the very worst political result, before a hostile deal gets made over his objections.

The only thing I can think of is he wants to wait until everyone can see he's outgunned before he abandons his position, but that would take considerably more political insight than he's demonstrated up to this point.

I think he took a big hit on the caravan. He talked up the military on the border, deployed troops, knowing they couldn’t do anything.

set up 22 miles of wire, built tent cities. Then left

he thought it would work for the midterms but didn’t. Now he wants to take a hardline on the same campaign issue.

long term does not seem to be a strategy

• Like 1