Let's get drunk at the airport!:: This Time It's Personal

Huaco Kid

You need some help writing expense reports.

One of the Sales people in my company was helping a customer out in the field when he stepped in some acid on the deck and ruined his shoes.  He bought some new shoes and listed then on his expense report. It got rejected .

He resubmitted the expense report with the shoes still on them and added a note that they were damaged while he was servicing a client’s account. It got rejected rejected again.

He resubmitted the report again, adding that Client XYZ was responsible for X million dollars of Sales and represented Y million dollars of annual profit to the company. It got rejected again

He submitted a final expense report that did not include the cost of the shoes, but added a note to the report that said

” The shoes are in here, see if you can find them “

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

True story...I was taking a trip to Nashville. The plane was boarding and I had a nearly full drink in my hand. I was about to throw it in the garbage. The ticket agent said "oh no, you're not going to throw that away. I know what you paid for that drink. Slam it".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Man, I feel for ya.  About 15 years ago, I bought alternate transportation to not have to travel, especially with kids, at this time of year.  

I nearly arrested in ORD in 02 or 03 because some jackass gate agent sent us back and forth across the airport with 2 babies 3 different times, and we missed our flights because of their farq ups.  My questioning their methods nearly landed me in the pokey.

It is a good thing, to drink at the airport, AFTER one has identified one's gate. Also, you gotta titrate those drinks to a nice buzz, and then slam the last one to hit right after you board. Once you're in the air, ain't a whole lot that they can do if you're drunk and not disorderly. Just can't be bleary-eyed and stumbling down the ramp.

Hope you got wherever you were going, amigo. And a good nap in the air.

• Like 1