Killer Clown at the range today

minervadoe

The guy a few bays over at the range today was shooting at a killer clown target at seven yards with a scoped 10/22.  The really unnerving thing was that he was sort of built like the hulk and would have looked nightmarish in a clown outfit.

Anybody else see targets at their local range that you feel sort of put shooters in a bad light?  Or, that otherwise just weird you out?  or, maybe they're just plain funny?

killerClown2Crop.jpg

Edited by minervadoe

Feller can't be much of a shot if thinks that a scoped rifle at seven yards is challenging.

My usual target is the very scary 3.5 inch square of paper from seven to 25 yards.

The blue ones are all right, but them orange ones make me want to turn and run away.

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was shooting for a military shooting team, some years ago, and we had a 3-gun match setup. Some top-brass, along with some politicians, showed up and the news cameras followed them. The targets we were using in the "shoot-house" portion of our match were these hajis in full man-dress holding various haji weaponry. A news station in a large, liberal city aired some footage of the match while doing a piece on the politicians who attended and received a ****-storm of phone calls complaining about our haji targets. It was hilarious.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Center Mass 762 said:

...  The targets we were using in the "shoot-house" portion of our match were these hajis in full man-dress holding various haji weaponry. A news station in a large, liberal city aired some footage of the match while doing a piece on the politicians who attended and received a ****-storm of phone calls complaining about our haji targets. It was hilarious.

I've seen some politically incorrect targets over the years.  But, the funniest movie scene I remember with one was Robin Williams in The Survivors.  The target was a black dude hoisting a portable stereo on his shoulder (in the lingo of the day, sometimes it was called a 'bro box').  Williams shoots the stereo and exclaims something like, "Shoot the ghetto blaster.  It destroys their will to fight." 

Augh, here it is ...  found it buried in this clip ...

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ASH said:

we cant tell til we see the target of the clown  . 

He shot the top button out quite nicely, but alas, no photographic evidence survived an EMP that swept the Apocalypse zone, rendering the clown's space ship inoperable and paving the way for a company of marines to come in and mop up.

Edited by minervadoe

The nose.  Ya have to shoot those kinda clowns right in the nose.  They make a satisfying squeak right before they die.

I don't care what kind of picture is on the paper you are shooting at the range....ex-wife, monster, haji, manbearpig, Kenny, Quasimodo, Rosie (oops, already said manbearpig), baby fur seals......whatever.

Edited by Al Czervik
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, minervadoe said:

I've seen some politically incorrect targets over the years.  But, the funniest movie scene I remember with one was Robin Williams in The Survivors.  The target was a black dude hoisting a portable stereo on his shoulder (in the lingo of the day, sometimes it was called a 'bro box').  Williams shoots the stereo and exclaims something like, "Shoot the ghetto blaster.  It destroys their will to fight." 

Augh, here it is ...  found it buried in this clip ...

I love that movie. 

• Like 1

I got hit with shrapnel from three bays over once when two younger guys were shooting at a zombie target. One of them had the closest looking thing to Rick Grimes' python they could get a hold of. He had ended up shooting the sheet metal wrapped hanger above the target and it was swinging around when I first noticed it. Then i noticed how their shots that did hit the paper were all over the place.

A long dirty look ended up getting them to move another 4 bays down. The girl behind the counter told me next time an issue like that happens to tell them so they can kick them out. In that area, I imagine the zombie draws the attention of a lot of the idiots.

i avoid shooting at ranges like the plaque but when i have the range officer is really good at keeping things normal and letting me shoot paper plates.

and no i don`t think shooting novelty targets gives shooters a bad name,i think anti gun peoples minds are already made up anyway.