Blue wall, blue wall, blue wall!

TBO

[IMG] 

A Ramsey County sheriff’s deputy has been charged with driving while intoxicated while off duty.

Amanda Rose Skelly, 26, of Maplewood was arrested early Monday morning in White Bear Lake after a breath test during a traffic stop showed she had a blood alcohol concentration of 0.21, according to charges filed Tuesday in Ramsey County District Court. The legal limit in Minnesota is 0.08.

Skelly, who is scheduled to make her first appearance before a judge on Jan. 30, is on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation, according to a Ramsey County sheriff’s office spokeswoman.

Skelly was pulled over for a broken taillight on White Bear Avenue as she was leaving the parking lot of a sports bar in a Chevy Impala about 1:20 a.m. Monday, the charges say.

Skelly admitted she had been drinking after the officer who stopped her detected alcohol on her breath and noticed she was slurring her words, according to court documents. He administered a breath test after Skelly failed field sobriety tests, the charges say.

A second breath test administered at White Bear Lake police headquarters about 2:45 a.m. measured Skelly’s BAC at 0.18, according to the charges.

Skelly was hired by the sheriff’s office as a correctional officer in June 2015, and she became a full-time deputy in March 2016.

Not surprised.  In winter in MN this is pretty common for a LOT of people.  They even put up sign boards against domestic violence, as some people get mean when they get drunk.  I don't know if it is about SAD, or cabin fever or what.  I have been a good boy.  My wife is from MN, and I never got drunk, or raised my hand to her, now going on our 20th year of marriage.