Andrew wants recreational pot

ASH

39 minutes ago, tehan2 said:

It may be the ONLY thing that I agree with that Cuomo has ever said.

Legalize marijuana, the war on drugs has been lost.  It costs us Billions a year

LESS laws and LESS government intervention is always better

Cept he, nor any other State can Legalize marijuana.

They can "decriminalize" it and refuse to spend state monies and resources on it, but it will still be "illegal" as it is a Schedule I Controlled Substance according to the Federal Government.

That means that possession of Marijuana and a firearm is Still a Felony in all 50 States. 

Question 11(e)

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/open-letter/all-ffls-sept2011-open-letter-marijuana-medicinal-purposes/download

Edited by steve4102
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, tehan2 said:

It may be the ONLY thing that I agree with that Cuomo has ever said.

Legalize marijuana, the war on drugs has been lost.  It costs us Billions a year

LESS laws and LESS government intervention is always better

I'm beginning to agree with you. However, as another poster just pointed out, it's a federal issue. Maybe Trump can take a position.

One of the Major obstacles I find with the decriminalization of pot is the legal definition of "Under the Influence".

With alcohol we have a limit (.08) to drive a vehicle.  This limit can be measured several ways, even on the side of the road by a LEO.

Driving under the influence of Alcohol is against the law, driving under the influence of marijuana is also against the law.

What is the Legal definition of "under the Influence" of THC, how can this level be measured and no, odor and an empty bag of Cheetos doesn't cut it? 

Edited by steve4102
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, steve4102 said:

One of the Major obstacles I find with the decriminalization of pot is the legal definition of "Under the Influence".

With alcohol we have a limit (.08) to drive a vehicle.  This limit can be measured several ways, even on the side of the road by a LEO.

Driving under the influence of Alcohol is against the law, driving under the influence of marijuana is also against the law.

What is the Legal definition of "under the Influence" of THC, how can this level be measured and no, odor and an empty bag of Cheetos doesn't cut it? 

I do some work for the marijuana industry (read my previous posts if interested.  All my dealing have been with SUPER Professional business people)  .  One of them filled me in on what Australia is doing

https://cannabisexpress.com.au/blog/post/australia-s-unique-roadside-test-for-marijuana-use-in-drivers

I'm 100% against random stops, but if stopped and suspected, similar to a breathalyzer, I think they are almost there.  

• Like 2

Pot furthers addiction and in this society we are prone to more people being addicted to all kinds of substances. The resulting opportunity costs alone are much higher than the "war on drugs" let alone on pot only. The drugged sheep are unproductive, other than being a tool for democratic votes.

We - as society - need to get AWAY from drugs, as well as government dependencies! It is time for PERSONAL responsibility in order to step away from the ever growing governmental monstrosity. Legalizing pot is the total opposite of personal responsibility. It is an excuse, a temporary fix that doesn't fix anything but hurts the ability to focus, and a gateway to more excessive drugs.

It is time for the people to finally grow up.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ASH said:

hemp farm about 40 miles from me , i know the dude , he has a good set up  he makes  bout 50 grand an acre  give or take 

https://www.broadwayhemp.com/

its a professional business , no tie die   or faygo drinks here  .lol   it is also sold in pharmacies and grocery stores local

Hemp is grown for fiber not THC. Hemp has less than 0.3 percent THC. Marijuana has an average of 18.7 percent,  Hemp is not marijuana. I grew up in the sixties and tried smoking both. Hemp does not get you high and marijuana does and I know this for a fact from first hand knowledge. and no, I don't smoke it anymore. I gave it up when I took up drinking full time and now I don't drink anymore either.

https://medium.com/cbd-origin/hemp-vs-marijuana-the-difference-explained-a837c51aa8f7

• Like 3

In the absence of specific measurable criteria as a standard for determining ‘Under the Influence’, it would be necessary to fall back to the older standard where the decision to charge ‘DUI’ is made according to the Officer’s Discretion.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, C_Hallbert said:

In the absence of specific measurable criteria as a standard for determining ‘Under the Influence’, it would be necessary to fall back to the older standard where the decision to charge ‘DUI’ is made according to the Officer’s Discretion.....

Which can easily be challenged in court.

5 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Hemp is grown for fiber not THC. Hemp has less than 0.3 percent THC. Marijuana has an average of 18.7 percent,  Hemp is not marijuana. I grew up in the sixties and tried smoking both. Hemp does not get you high and marijuana does and I know this for a fact from first hand knowledge. and no, I don't smoke it anymore. I gave it up when I took up drinking full time and now I don't drink anymore either.

https://medium.com/cbd-origin/hemp-vs-marijuana-the-difference-explained-a837c51aa8f7

im 50 years old , i know hemp does not get you high lol. i was just speaking on the market for it and money you make farming it .kinda thought it was  common  to know this

i was asked to go into farming with him  but i retired from farming this year , if i was 30 instead of 50 i would take the offer .  not alot of work and good money.  but im done working lol

Edited by ASH

On 12/19/2018 at 2:20 PM, C_Hallbert said:

Standardized Field Sobriety Testing

• Like 3