There's trouble afoot.

Silentpoet

7 hours ago, TX OMFS said:

I've never messed w/ a derringer. Don't they have a heavy DAO trigger w/ a guard?

How would this happen? Something in the trigger guard when it hit the ground?

They interviewed a guy at a local gun shop and he proposed that the hammer was resting against the firing pin and thus hit the primer when it dropped.  Most of the ones I have seen are single action so they have to be cocked.  I don't think this was a fancy Bond Arms derringer. So with all that in mind if it didn't have some sort of transfer bar it probably just wasn't very drop safe even if it wasn't cocked.  Or it is possible it got cocked in the purse and something hit the trigger. 

• Like 1

1. Purse carry is stupid.  Less time to respond, and if your purse gets snatched-so does your gun.

2. Reminds me of old ladies I saw back when they had qualifications, and classes in Texas.  They got slide bit, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

3. She probably had zero real range time with her chosen weapon and thought it was "cute" and "little".

4. All of that equals a hole in the foot.

• Like 2

As God as my witness, people screwing up like this will eventually undermine the progress we've made.  

I'd load as many fees and charges against these screwups as I possibly could, just to make an example out of 'em.

• Like 1