Fun trip to Washington

Flew down right after our earthquake. My trip was delayed a few days due to problems at the Anchorage airport. Stole my D.I.L's car from SeaTac and hauled ass down to near Mt St Helens to visit my dad and other family. He had 14 deer in his yard every morning. Cool. Back to the Seattle on Friday area to watch my grandson compete in swimming events. He swims for one of the private aquatic clubs in the area. The meet was 3 days. Only swimmers with 'Champs' time were invited. He is in the top 25 in the PNW in several events. 18 teams competed with around 700 swimmers. The event was at a pool used in the past for Olympic trials. Great venue. On Monday went to the Museum of Flight in Seattle. Spent most of the day there with my son. Toured through 6 planes and the Space Shuttle. One of the planes was Air Force One that Nixon and Johnson used. There was a B-17 and a B-29 on display but neither was open to be toured inside. There was lots of WW1 and WW2 planes. A great Apollo 11 display. We wanted to take in the MNF game with the Seahawks and Vikings but didn't get tickets.  Back in Alaska now and expecting snow. Looks like I'll be plowing with the loader and hauling with the KW soon.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Flew down right after our earthquake. My trip was delayed a few days due to problems at the Anchorage airport. Stole my D.I.L's car from SeaTac and hauled ass down to near Mt St Helens to visit my dad and other family. He had 14 deer in his yard every morning. Cool. Back to the Seattle on Friday area to watch my grandson compete in swimming events. He swims for one of the private aquatic clubs in the area. The meet was 3 days. Only swimmers with 'Champs' time were invited. He is in the top 25 in the PNW in several events. 18 teams competed with around 700 swimmers. The event was at a pool used in the past for Olympic trials. Great venue. On Monday went to the Museum of Flight in Seattle. Spent most of the day there with my son. Toured through 6 planes and the Space Shuttle. One of the planes was Air Force One that Nixon and Johnson used. There was a B-17 and a B-29 on display but neither was open to be toured inside. There was lots of WW1 and WW2 planes. A great Apollo 11 display. We wanted to take in the MNF game with the Seahawks and Vikings but didn't get tickets.  Back in Alaska now and expecting snow. Looks like I'll be plowing with the loader and hauling with the KW soon.

My biggest disappointment when I went to the museum of flight is they apparently don't consider helicopters to be worthy to be with everything else that is man made and flies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cougar_ml said:

My biggest disappointment when I went to the museum of flight is they apparently don't consider helicopters to be worthy to be with everything else that is man made and flies.

There were choppers including a Coast Guard chopper and a Huey that flew missions in Vietnam.

It's been over a decade, maybe I just missed them, or maybe there were only a few.  I was in the Army in a Chinook unit at the time, so I think my disappointment was mostly that a flight museum, right next to Boeing Field, didn't have the Chinook in it (since Boeing builds them)

Great trip! Family, competition, nature, critters, and flight technology. Seriously, that's all the high points of a good trip. Glad you're back home safely. Hey, if that white stuff is gonna fall from the sky, ya might as well make a buck off of it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tadbart said:

Great trip! Family, competition, nature, critters, and flight technology. Seriously, that's all the high points of a good trip. Glad you're back home safely. Hey, if that white stuff is gonna fall from the sky, ya might as well make a buck off of it!

It's snowing right now. Lots more in the forecast. Dollars from Heaven.

• Like 2