President Trump On The Wall

Jammersix

On 12/22/2018 at 5:42 PM, fortyofforty said:

The anti-Trump hysteria is strong in the Fascists, for sure.  Let 'em all in, open the border!  What could go wrong?  Everybody dies, so what difference does it make if some people are murdered by illegal aliens?  Great logic by our resident Fascists, on full display.

19789999.jpg

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Just out of curiosity, Jammer, what is your profession?

Trophy Husband. I bend flame, smoke, wind and water.

I was born to be rich, so I think something terrible happened at the hospital. I had to do it myself. I am of the Plateau.

I prefer brunettes, cutters, 1911s and I fill my own tanks.

You?

Edited by Jammersix

9 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

Trophy Husband. I bend flame, smoke, wind and water.

I was born to be rich, so I think something terrible happened at the hospital. I had to do it myself. I am of the Plateau.

I prefer brunettes, cutters, 1911s and I fill my own tanks.

You?

Perhaps you could dumb that down to plain English for me?

I produce oil.

I'm a retired general contractor. I'm a carpenter, a surveyor and a heavy equipment operator by trade. Carpentry was first and last.

When you look at the Seattle skyline, you're probably looking at my work. I built everything from runways at Seatac to residential remodels. I dug holes, built things out of yellow cedar with Japanese joinery and poured more concrete than some people have walked on. I built overpasses. I built kitchens. I hung five floors of doors in Columbia Center. I dug ditches and waterproofed residential basements. I drained streets.

I hated it.

I retired as soon as I could, the minute, the very second the numbers added up. That happened in fourth quarter 2004, when I was 48. I didn't even bother to clean out the equipment storage, I just sold the key.

I went back to school and studied enough law to become a paralegal. I graduated in 2006.

Now I race sloops and cutters out of a charter fleet. I crewed on a sloop that won her division in Swiftsure last year. I built a 1911 in a class and I'm setting up a Dillon 650 in the bedroom that I'm slowing turning into reloading, chart and trophy room. (One trophy. Swiftsure.) I may be too old to continue as crew in Swiftsure. I may just take my trophy and chart the course that won. I sailed around Vancouver Island. I may be too old to race, but I'll never be too old to sail.

That's the short version. The long version includes grandchildren from another life and teaching STEM summer school to young girls. We build underwater ROVs and trebuchets. We lift my pickup off the ground with levers and set it back down with pulleys. We sail small boats, build wooden boxes and have water balloon fights with the trebuchets. Then we usually run out of summer.

I'm a veteran.

I learn more from teaching than I ever did as a student. If you think you understand something, try teaching it to a child.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.

Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Cool.  I can't relate to kids, other than my own.

I don't read sig lines with any degree of frequency but am interested in understanding what those two lines mean to you.

39 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

There are three statements. Two of them are in plain English, and mean exactly what they say. One is support for an organization.

Ok, I submit that lives matter.  No race nor ethnicity has any more value than another; however, I will also submit that Dr. King was correct in asserting that the content of one's character does.

In a society ensconced in law and order, criminal's lives are of less value, without regard of the color of their skin, as they are an evil cancer in the blood of lawful society.  

With regard to confederate symbols and monuments, anyone can put something like that in their signature line.  Perhaps, with your legal training, you might defend this broad, sweeping assertion.  History is our past.  Why, would you advocate its destruction?

In so far as sanctuary cities go, I understand how, as a general contractor, this may have greatly benefitted your business and may contribute to that attitude.  But, it only serves bringing down our nation, crippling wages, increasing crime, and adding more cancerous succubi to the taxpaying teat.

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, willie-pete said:

Hire eleventy bazillion Chinese?

greatwall.jpg.0a48d9498f250d18beb6b3a4a2ad6e11.jpg

The valley is bordered by the most part by the Rio Grande.  And no it does not provide any barrier whatsoever.  The only place Texas has mountains is in El Paso.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, Dric902 said:

The White House has directed the Army Corps of Engineers to "look at possible ways of funding border security," Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told Fox News on Thursday night, as the ongoing partial federal government shutdown over money for a border wall is less than two days away from becoming the longest in the nation's history.

Separately, Fox News is told the White House directed the Corps to examine the February 2018 emergency supplemental, which included disaster relief for California, Florida, Texas, and Puerto Rico, among other states, to see what unspent funds could be diverted to a border wall, according to a congressional aide familiar with the matter.

Approximately $13.9 billion is available from the congressionally approved February 2018 supplemental spending bill, intended to cover natural disasters, and much of the available money comes from flood control projects, Fox News is told. The Military Construction appropriations bill could provide additional funding in the event of an emergency declaration.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-directs-army-corps-of-engineers-ways-to-fund-border-security

I can hear it already:

”Puerto Rico is dying for Trumps vanity project”

That is a double sided coin.  On a good day Puerto Rico is a dangerous place.

• Like 1