President Trump On The Wall

Jammersix

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/schumer-pelosi-set-to-meet-with-trump-on-wall-but-house-gop-stands-firm/2018/12/11/2604b1ae-fd56-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html?utm_term=.c105957819e1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/its-now-or-never-trump-faces-a-moment-of-truth-on-his-border-wall/2018/12/11/25db3206-fd70-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html?utm_term=.40733bfffcd3

“I will take the mantle,” Trump said. “I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it.”

The president doesn't appear to realize that starting in January, any ability he had to pass legislation is going down, not up.

Now he's on camera taking responsibility for the impending shutdown, and all the political fallout.

Edited by Jammersix

20 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Sen Majority Whip @JohnCornyn emerging from Cap Hill lunch w Pence told @mkraju that Trump will sign clean CR to keep govt funded thru Feb 8

Trump refuses to back government funding deal, presses anew for border wall money

"President Trump told House Republican leaders Thursday he will not sign a Senate-passed spending package that does not include sought-after border security funds, upending negotiations to avert a government shutdown by the end of the week."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-throws-government-funding-deal-into-doubt-says-trump-does-not-want-to-go-further-without-border-security

• Like 2

Yup, here we go. It's back on. A lot of federal workers are going to have a nice, unpaid vacation for Christmas.

The President, meanwhile, will be at his resort in Mar-a-Lago.

He's the worst enemy the working class has had since slavery.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Jammersix
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2018 at 11:41 PM, Jammersix said:

Yup, here we go. It's back on. A lot of federal workers are going to have a nice, unpaid vacation for Christmas.

The President, meanwhile, will be at his resort in Mar-a-Lago.

He's the worst enemy the working class has had since slavery.

Merry Christmas!

Furloughed employees all got paid in the 2013 shutdown. Thinking of it as a two week+ paid vacation will get you through it.

• Like 1

I like the part where he's asking for five billion to pay for a hundred-fifty billion dollar wall. Some businessman. 

You've been swindled, but the votes to stop his monument will be in place in a week. He's going to learn some new words, like "compromise", and "welcome".

Edited by Jammersix

Fascist Democrats know their only hope is to import millions of ignorant, unskilled, uneducated people to become dependent on government and, thereby, reliable Democrat voters.  I wish it weren't that simple.  But it is.  Fascist Democrats are willing to sacrifice the lives of thousands of Americans to preserve their power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Options for Democrats become more numerous every day. Every time the "president" says something, Democratic options grow.

Immigrants are far from the "only" hope for Democrats.

The only person who can sacrifice your way of life is you, and if you do, it's your choice.

Edited by Jammersix
  • Like 1