Snipers Row

pipedreams

5 hours ago, Moshe said:

So, if I point a muzzle at supposedly empty weapon and we are good?

What if you are have a "Loaded" firearm in a hip holster and are on the second floor of a building with people below you on the first floor?  Oh No's.

How about a shoulder holster, Oh no's, that muzzle is pointed at people in the same room.

I was at the Local gun Store the other day.  Dozens of rifles laid out on tables .  Oh no's, how many customers walked around the tables in front of the muzzles, not to mention customers that were on the wrong end of the muzzle a couple of isles down?  

Oh, the horror.

8 hours ago, Brown Hawk said:

Probably.  Looks like there are no followers that I can see.  Showing the red to make sure there can’t be any rounds available.  

Hawk 

Or there is one in the chamber, and then an orange piece to pull out?

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

Or there is one in the chamber, and then an orange piece to pull out?

Not sure what you mean.  It looks like an orientation class.  Most military mags have the light green follower in the mag.  The original followers were black, which worked well in the twenty rounders, but not in the curved thirty rounders.  Since I see feed lips with no brass, and dark interiors, I’m guessing no followers at all.  The students might even have been searched for live rounds, as can be done.  And has been done, in both the military and my own dry fire.  

As for the original picture, if no one is near having a hand on the gun, I’ll walk in front all day long.  Same with a case or holster.  So far, in all my life, not one gun has ever jumped off the shelf and attacked me, or even made a threatening move.  

Hawk 

On 12/14/2018 at 8:28 AM, Moshe said:

Okay.  You could easily have a loaded round in the sniper rifles, then pull out the little orange piece and give someone a really bad day.  The whole point was about muzzle integrity.

Really?

How easy would it be for someone to move into position, remove the safety flag, chamber a round and start shooting with dozens of others members of the class standing right behind their rifles.

• Thanks 1