Bought a 10/22.

PNWguy

I had a 10/22 years and years ago and sold it since I never used it and preferred lever-action .22s instead.

I'm going on a jack rabbit shoot in Southern Idaho next month and was planning on bringing my Uberti Silver Boy to bring back boyhood memories of shooting rabbits on the family farm with my Browning BLR22 in the 80's.

But, Washington passed that idiotic initiative 1639 that labeled ALL semi-auto rifles as assault rifles; even the unambiguous 10/22. 

I didn't need a 10/22, but if I decided that I wanted one after January 1st, then I would have to pay an extra $25, wait ten days, and show that I've passed an approved firearms safety course within the past 5 years.  I haven't passed an approved firearms safety course since going to Gunsite in 2008.  And since the law doesn't stipulate what exactly is an approved course, I couldn't have bought my 10/22.

So I started searching for deals and found CDNN had the Ruger 10/22 Copper Mica edition for $219 and includes a scope and rings.  Ordered it and the Ruger BX-25 magazine.

See the source image

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:39 AM, PNWguy said:

I had a 10/22 years and years ago and sold it since I never used it and preferred lever-action .22s instead.

I'm going on a jack rabbit shoot in Southern Idaho next month and was planning on bringing my Uberti Silver Boy to bring back boyhood memories of shooting rabbits on the family farm with my Browning BLR22 in the 80's.

But, Washington passed that idiotic initiative 1639 that labeled ALL semi-auto rifles as assault rifles; even the unambiguous 10/22. 

I didn't need a 10/22, but if I decided that I wanted one after January 1st, then I would have to pay an extra $25, wait ten days, and show that I've passed an approved firearms safety course within the past 5 years.  I haven't passed an approved firearms safety course since going to Gunsite in 2008.  And since the law doesn't stipulate what exactly is an approved course, I couldn't have bought my 10/22.

So I started searching for deals and found CDNN had the Ruger 10/22 Copper Mica edition for $219 and includes a scope and rings.  Ordered it and the Ruger BX-25 magazine.

See the source image

CDNN has been running some very good deals. Tomorrow, I should be picking up my new RUGER American Compact .22Mag 18" threaded 1/2x28 barrel. It comes with Bushnell 3.5-10x36 scope  & sling. Package cost $279.99. Should make good coyote medicine on my property. Congrats on your fine purchase.

• Like 1

They've always reminded me of the M1 carbines of yore.  I think only squirrels and rabbits would classify that as an "assault weapon", or politicians with brains correspondingly small.  Wonderful when the people vote to restrict their own freedoms.  What bad things could possibly come of that?  And to think Washington used to be the untamed frontier full of manly men, not skinny jeans-wearing technopunks and pajamaboys.