Old Pictures

Eric

• Administrators

45 years ago, 1977, Battle of the Network Stars

Front Row...Gary Burghoff (MASH), Joyce Dewitt (Three's Company), Cloris Leachman (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), Dick Clark. 2nd Row Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at Time), Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie), Scott Baio (Happy Days), Kristy McNichol (Family) 3rd row Dick Van Patten (Eight is Enough), Erik Estrada (CHiPs), Jimmy Walker (Good Times) and Dan Hagarty (The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams).

D6A328B4-22A8-4D1F-B821-04AFA0AFE0DD.jpeg

• Like 6

On 6/26/2022 at 3:36 PM, Schmidt Meister said:

Not a picture but it is old ...

Boy Scout Stamp - 1950.jpg

Unfortunately Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts in the United States are gone… even though the names linger on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Unfortunately Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts in the United States are gone… even though the names linger on. 

The left perverts any/everything it touches. I was a member of the BSA for a while in my youth. If I had kids now, there's no way I would let them join the BS or GS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, NPTim said:

2B1C4BDC-4E27-4B91-93C0-D5C953859134.jpeg

Our house that we purchased in 1963 sold for just around $10,000.  It is around 1100 square feet with full basement.  It came with a lawn installed, all apliances installed, graded yard, 150 feet long by 100 feet wide lot, concrete driveway and a one stall attached garage.  Interest on our FHA 30 year home loan was around 3%.

Even back then, homes were cheap considering what lengths they went to sell improved lots.  We paid $200 a month for our house payments.

I hate thinking of the idea of buying the same thing now if you're a new family starting out.

• Like 2