Old Pictures

Eric

On 11/17/2018 at 8:30 PM, Eric said:

F7B3A578-2F18-42B7-973C-F3DBA899A5A5.jpeg

I looked at that picture, and it demonstrates how some things have changed. Everyone has a Coke, and the grill has a stack of brats ready to serve, and another load of meat that is being grilled.

I love grills and the food, and the general atmosphere of enjoying what I eat.  Today that atmosphere has been extinguished for the most part. But not in me, I went to Po Boys yesterday, and I ordered a fried chicken dinner.

Its good and and it’s 1/2 of a chicken. It was hot, and the fries were hot, and it was good.

• Like 3

The Eruption of Mount St. Helens in pictures, 1980

An ash plume billows from the crater atop Mount St. Helens hours after its eruption began on May 18th, 1980, in Washington state. The column of ash and gas reached 15 miles into the atmosphere, depositing ash across a dozen states.

An ash plume billows from the crater atop Mount St. Helens hours after its eruption began on May 18th, 1980, in Washington state. The column of ash and gas reached 15 miles into the atmosphere, depositing ash across a dozen states.

• Like 1

On May 17, 1980, vulcanologist David Johnston sits at Coldwater II camp near Mt. St. Helens. At 8:32 a.m. the next morning, Johnston radioed a message to the USGS headquarters: “Vancouver, Vancouver, this is it!” Johnston did not survive the eruption. Coldwater II was later re-named “Johnston Ridge” in honor of Johnston.

On May 17, 1980, vulcanologist David Johnston sits at Coldwater II camp near Mt. St. Helens. At 8:32 a.m. the next morning, Johnston radioed a message to the USGS headquarters:

• Like 2