Old Pictures

Eric

On 11/17/2018 at 8:30 PM, Eric said:

F7B3A578-2F18-42B7-973C-F3DBA899A5A5.jpeg

I looked at that picture, and it demonstrates how some things have changed. Everyone has a Coke, and the grill has a stack of brats ready to serve, and another load of meat that is being grilled.

I love grills and the food, and the general atmosphere of enjoying what I eat.  Today that atmosphere has been extinguished for the most part. But not in me, I went to Po Boys yesterday, and I ordered a fried chicken dinner.

Its good and and it’s 1/2 of a chicken. It was hot, and the fries were hot, and it was good.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Notice that passengers were also dressed First Class. And that smoking was allowed. 

I remember when cattle class flyers dressed up to fly. I also remember when they gave away packs of playing cards.

• Like 1

On May 17, 1980, vulcanologist David Johnston sits at Coldwater II camp near Mt. St. Helens. At 8:32 a.m. the next morning, Johnston radioed a message to the USGS headquarters: “Vancouver, Vancouver, this is it!” Johnston did not survive the eruption. Coldwater II was later re-named “Johnston Ridge” in honor of Johnston.

On May 17, 1980, vulcanologist David Johnston sits at Coldwater II camp near Mt. St. Helens. At 8:32 a.m. the next morning, Johnston radioed a message to the USGS headquarters:

• Like 2