Democrats come out the big losers in Florida’s election mess

pipedreams

"Despite desperate efforts by Democrats to overturn the decision of Florida’s voters – and despite the state’s deeply flawed, mismanaged and corrupt election system – it’s now clear that Republican Ron DeSantis will be the state’s next governor and Republican Gov. Rick Scott will be its next U.S. senator."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/charlie-kirk-democrats-come-out-the-big-losers-in-floridas-election-mess

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1. We need a new voting system

2. We need voter ID

3. We need to overturn FL legislature that now allows 1.2 million felons to vote

4. Brenda Snipes needs to be investigated for voter fraud and hate speech (pulling the race card)

5. Everybody sentenced for voter fraud needs to go to jail for 20 years minimum

And guess what will happen...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, crockett said:

3. We need to overturn FL legislature that now allows 1.2 million felons to got

The voting system is fine. The problem is in the manipulation of the systems.

Florida's legislature is abundantly conservative. This is why a constitutional amendment was posed to the citizens in place of a law.

Can't get it done right? Let the people choose. That's why the florida constitution has pigs and dogs in it right along with bullet trains. And there are now only three states that ban felons from voting. (By the way you can't vote in prison or parole)

And florida does have voter Id.  It's how you prove indetfication and get a ballot. Provisional ballots are for those who can't prove themselves and that requires checking by officials to determine validity.

The motor voter bill was passed into law under Billy Clinton made it so your dmv can issue an id and register to vote at the same time. California is doesn't ask if you are a citizen to get a license and if the supervisor of elections doesn't question the registration or I'D you get to vote.

Our main problem is stupid outbreed US.

Edited by Historian
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Historian said:

Told you. Florida would stand and deliver.

The margin in the past years declined to almost nonexistent. If Gillum would have been just a bit more centered and Nelson a bit more active, FL would be blue right now. At some point we can't deliver anymore, because we are running out of voters. Simple statistics on a first semester level will tell you that we will be done next time around. Throw in those 1.2 mil Felons, the majorety of them being black. If they would have been allowed this year to vote, we would be also blue by now.

Maybe DeSantis will win people over, but many Dems don't give a flying **** about the details and vote based on emotional factors and the crap they eat for lunch when watching CNN.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

The voting system is fine. The problem is in the manipulation of the systems.

The voting system is not fine. We are not in the 90s anymore. Plenty of technology is available that would prevent any manipulation as well as delays. And that's what we need. There will always be people manipulating, if the system allows it. See credit cards, etc.

50 minutes ago, crockett said:

The voting system is not fine. We are not in the 90s anymore. Plenty of technology is available that would prevent any manipulation as well as delays. And that's what we need. There will always be people manipulating, if the system allows it. See credit cards, etc.

I have worked every section since 2000 and am very well aware of the technology involved. It has littterly been my job.

You are right it's not the 1990s.  The system is vastly better.

Did you notice the recount was very close to the original results? There is a reason for that. No one uses punch hole ballots.

Everything is electronically done. Most ballots with a problem such as two choices or stray marks are rejected at the scanning ballot box.

I guess you don't know about the massive changes in networking infrastructure, intrusion detection systems, etc. Let alone the changes in laws? It's not the year 2000 and this is why things didn't look like Bush Gore.

What we need is to get activist volunteers out of the system.

Your problem is intentional and unintentional human problems. Bad ballot designs and activist supervisor of elections like Snipes.

That woman has been crooked and everyone knows it for 18+years. She should have been fired by the governor years ago.

He is the only person in the state who can remove a constitionally elected official in the state

But the process of one person one vote is fine. 

Edited by Historian

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Maybe DeSantis will win people over, but many Dems don't give a flying **** about the details and vote based on emotional factors and the crap they eat for lunch when watching CNN.

Florida's demographics have changed a lot over the years. For the most part ou democrats have traditionaly been consevative in comparison.

The felon issue is a complicated one. I don't think it will.add up to 1.2 million democrats.voting. a surprising number wont vote because they aren't interested, didn't get the memo, are on probation, will get resurrected, etc.

Our big issue everyone is leaving new york and moving here because it's warm and we have no income tax. The reliable very consevative Latin vote in south Florida has passed on and their kids don't know the tyranny of Cuban communism.

This was a bad election cycle.  De Santis will be fine and get a second term..Rick Scott has a tradition of winning election  by 20,000 votes.

Edited by Historian

16 minutes ago, Historian said:

I have worked every section since 2000 and am very well aware of the technology involved. It has littterly been my job.

You are right it's not the 1990s.  The system is vastly better.

Did you notice the recount was very close to the original results? There is a reason for that. No one uses punch hole ballots.

Everything is electronically done. Most ballots with a problem such as two choices or stray marks are rejected at the scanning ballot box.

I guess you don't know about the massive changes in networking infrastructure, intrusion detection systems, etc. Let alone the changes in laws? It's not the year 2000 and this is why things didn't look like Bush Gore.

What we need is to get activist volunteers out of the system.

Your problem is intentional and unintentional human problems. Bad ballot designs and activist supervisor of elections like Snipes.

That woman has Ben crooked and everyone knows it for 18+years. She should have been fired by the governor years ago.

He is the only person in the state who can remove a constitionally elected official in the state

But the process of one person one vote is fine. 

Now that explains why you take opinion in this matter on a personal level.

What we need is a network based DRE voting system, much like the one being used in Estonia, which uses and requires a PROPER voter ID with microchip. The US is light years behind. If I'm going to see paper ballots being hauled in a rented truck one more time I'll puke.

15 minutes ago, crockett said:

Now that explains why you take opinion in this matter on a personal level.

What we need is a network based DRE voting system, much like the one being used in Estonia, which uses and requires a PROPER voter ID with microchip. The US is light years behind. If I'm going to see paper ballots being hauled in a rented truck one more time I'll puke.

Thanks man. I'm just know my state and its laws on this topic.

I'm not up to date on Estonian voting practices but based on history find it currious. 

A paper ballot is required by law as a backup to the electronically collected.data to ensure no one plays with the tabulation machines and provide a paper recount ability. The paper versions must be kept for about ten years if I remember.

Anything electronic can be manipulated without you knowing it. It's one of the reasons a decentralized system like ours is almost impossible to hack from the outside.

I think Palm beach and broward are.too big to manage. They need to be broken in two to manage. But I'm not sure how that can be done because it's based on county regions.

Good news is Snipes is retiring.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Historian said:

Thanks man. I'm just know my state and its laws on this topic.

I'm not up to date on Estonian voting practices but based on history find it currious. 

A paper ballot is required by law as a backup to the electronically collected.data to ensure no one plays with the tabulation machines and provide a paper recount ability. The paper versions must be kept for about ten years if I remember.

Anything electronic can be manipulated without you knowing it. It's one of the reasons a decentralized system like ours is almost impossible to hack from the outside.

I think Palm beach and broward are.too big to manage. They need to be broken in two to manage. But I'm not sure how that can be done because it's based on county regions.

Good news is Snipes is retiring.

"Estonians have increasingly embraced the digital voting option. In 2005, when it was introduced.."

"So far, there has not been a single incident where an online vote in Estonia was under suspicion – nor has there been any successful hacking episode."

https://e-estonia.com/estonias-i-voting-more-popular-more-secure/

There are plenty of safe applications and systems available, based on networks, which are not compromisable. I can code you one if you like. In 13 different languages and scripts. Talking about our backgrounds.

16 minutes ago, crockett said:

There are plenty of safe applications and systems available, based on networks, which are not compromisable. I can code you one if you like. In 13 different languages and scripts. Talking about our backgrounds.

It sounds interesting. You'll need some changes in state laws before this can happen. But I think that will be the direction things go.

But I don't think anything that is a compute technology is secure. No offense. Not at this point at least. Perhaps with biometrics and there are issues with that. The Israelis have broken air gapped systems.

Voting is anonymous in the US. That complicates matters. We also don't have a national ID.

West Virginia is looking seriously at this option.

Edited by Historian

55 minutes ago, Historian said:

It sounds interesting. You'll need some changes in state laws before this can happen. But I think that will be the direction things go.

But I don't think anything that is a compute technology is secure. No offense. Not at this point at least. Perhaps with biometrics and there are issues with that. The Israelis have broken air gapped systems.

Voting is anonymous in the US. That complicates matters. We also don't have a national ID.

West Virginia is looking seriously at this option.

The mentioned DRE voting system in Estonia is based on a public network. Run it on its own private network, use a new framework and a new dialect, encapsulation the entire code in hardware on one single server cluster, and lock it up with a Rivest-Shamir-Adleman encryption algorithm including a 512-bit key. Unhackable.