Outlaw King - Movie

SC Tiger

I watched Outlaw King on Netflix last night.

Really good movie IMO.  It did justice to Robert the Bruce, who was a bigger hero in Scottish independence than William Wallace.  Historically more accurate than Braveheart though I don't know how accurate it really is.  Entertaining as well.

Chris Pine did a good job as The Bruce.  It also shows why they hated the British.

Bloody too.

It's worth checking out.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the review.

My wife and I are slowing watching through the latest season of Agents Shield and I noticed that title last night as I was scrolling through the options of what to add to our watch list.

Depending on how graphic the violence is will depend on if my wife will want to watch it or not.  It may end up being a background show while I'm cleaning guns after a range day. That's how I watched Extinction with the funny guy from Ant-Man playing the lead.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Maccabeus said:

Thanks for the review.

My wife and I are slowing watching through the latest season of Agents Shield and I noticed that title last night as I was scrolling through the options of what to add to our watch list.

Depending on how graphic the violence is will depend on if my wife will want to watch it or not.  It may end up being a background show while I'm cleaning guns after a range day. That's how I watched Extinction with the funny guy from Ant-Man playing the lead.

It has some blood.  They do show a guy getting hung and disemboweled (I think that's what they call it when they hang someone by their neck and slice their belly open so all their guts fall out).

Has a somewhat graphic sex scene too between The Bruce and Elizabeth Burgh too.

• Like 1

Just about done with the 2 seasons of Designated Survivor on Netflix and thought Outlaw King looked interesting.

Netflix has pretty much jumped the shark with their swing to the hard left in programming. 

Was perusing their latest shows and it seemed like most were European-based crime thrillers with the typical white male capitalist as the evil genius.

Designated Survivor is a wonderfully written and acted show that is engaging and addicting.  But it is so stinking leftist, it appears to have been written by the Obama staff writers.  Every episode is a typical leftist wet dream.  Last one was about a group of "Christians" in a cabin being threatened by a forest fire.  They refuse to leave because one of their member's baby was taken by the government because it needed heart surgery and the "cult" doesn't believe in blood transfusions.

The Ranch and Stranger Things are the only shows that keep me from pulling the plug.