Temp dropped about 40º

Zonny

Which meant I had three lights and "dingdingdings" happening on my dashboard indicating low tire pressure. 

Pulled into Discount Tire on the way home. I always tip the guy a couple of bucks. Only had one single today so he got a fiver. I'm always a sucker for clean-cut high schoolers working an after school job. He was friendly, polite and speedy. No one ahead of me tipped. Do you normally grace the palm of these hard working youngsters?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BamaBud said:

I have a compressor in my garage. No tip for me!

Duh. I should have realized 99% of the guys on here most likely take care of that themselves. 

Well, for what it's worth, the two cars in front of me where guys (one driving a Mercedes) and neither tipped. :(

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zonny said:

Duh. I should have realized 99% of the guys on here most likely take care of that themselves. 

Well, for what it's worth, the two cars in front of me where guys (one driving a Mercedes) and neither tipped. :(

You do what you're comfortable with.  I have built cars from the ground up, and restored wrecks and classics.  I did everything except engines.  I used others more experienced than I am, to do engine "bottom ends".  I have equipment to do almost anything to/for/with a car in my garage.  Including MIG and TIG welding.

That said, working on a creeper isn't fun for me anymore.  Now I do mundane simple things on the car (garage is heated), but anything else is sent to the dealer under warranty.  When the warranty is up I replace the car!

I'm now comfortable with this level of effort!

• Like 1

If I have the cash, I'll tip and tip and tip some more.  Most people are working hard, and do a decent job.  I can afford to tip now, so I do.  There was a time when I didn't have a lot of money coming in, and was scraping by, so couldn't tip a lot then.  I agree with the OP's decision to tip.  Attitude counts for much.

• Like 1