Atkins 46 LBS down, 3 to go, there by Dec?

AerynSun2

I started Atkins on March 6 at 214lbs.  I'm at 168 with a goal of 165.  I started to increase the carbs - more broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts.  And I've allowed myself a glass of red wine and Michelob Ultra.

I think the hard part will come after I reach my goal.  

Edited by AerynSun2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Excellent job!

Yep. Maintenance is always the hardest part. You can't see 1 lb / month weight gain unless you plot the data, and that is 36 lb in three years. People "think" they have leveled off and can loosen up a little and then...

That's why it is so important to make permanent changes in eating patterns.

Edited by Brad

Nice!  Your joints and back thank you.  I can't believe how much better my joints feel, and I'm only down 24lbs.

I ate junk to get short term pleasure.  I have to realize that eating junk is a psychological response that is extremely damaging.  

What I'm amazed at is how powerful the addiction to sugar and carbs can be.  If I cheat just a little and have something with 30+ carbs, I get really hungry in a short time and start craving more carbs.  

Also, if you do relapse, don't give up and say screw it.  I've had a couple of small weak moments and I wanted to just say screw it, I'll never lose this weight, but I just keep going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I started Atkins on March 6 at 214lbs.  I'm at 168 with a goal of 165.  I started to increase the carbs - more broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts.  And I've allowed myself a glass of red wine and Michelob Ultra.
I think the hard part will come after I reach my goal.  

Great job!

You’re right. The long term part of dieting and exercise is the hardest part. That’s where most people fail.

Don’t quit. Make it a part of your life. Find a diet, and exercise ROUTINE, that you can maintain for the rest of your life.