Killing Gnats

M&P15T

So, here in our showroom, we had a real issue with gnats. Bought pest-strips, a fogger, an electric thingy, another thingy, and nothing killed them.

But then they seemed to disappear.

I just opened a drawer in my office, where I store some car-care products. Some Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine had spilled in the drawer, and there were all the gnats, deader than a door-nail.

The Meguiars smells like grape Kool-aid, attracted them, and then killed them with it's tire shinning goodness.

So there you have it. If you have a gnat issue, get some Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine, and pour some in a bowl.

All of the bullshit crap we bought, the stupid home-remedies for gnats I read about, and my Tire Shine spills in a drawer and finally kills them.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

So, here in our showroom, we had a real issue with gnats. Bought pest-strips, a fogger, an electric thingy, another thingy, and nothing killed them.

But then they seemed to disappear.

I just opened a drawer in my office, where I store some car-care products. Some Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine had spilled in the drawer, and there were all the gnats, deader than a door-nail.

The Meguiars smells like grape Kool-aid, attracted them, and then killed them with it's tire shinning goodness.

So there you have it. If you have a gnat issue, get some Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine, and pour some in a bowl.

All of the bullshit crap we bought, the stupid home-remedies for gnats I read about, and my Tire Shine spills in a drawer and finally kills them.

I like the stuff.  Not as big a fan of the water based tire shines.  Never thought about using it for bugs.  What is fun is chasing after them gnats with a shop vac.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silentpoet said:

I like the stuff.  Not as big a fan of the water based tire shines.  Never thought about using it for bugs.  What is fun is chasing after them gnats with a shop vac.

nice to know I'm not the only one who entertains themself by going after gnats with the shop vac.

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

I use a giant weed burner.  Whole swarms, just go voop!

Probably not the best idea when used in the kitchen or near flammables other than the gnats.

• Like 1