If you're going to San Francisco ...

gwalchmai

24 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

I hope SF's de facto legalization of marijuana had nothing to do with this urine and carp situation!     

I was there earlier this year.

When they forego going into an alley, or behind a dumpster or behind a bunch of garbage cans, and instead drop it in the middle of the sidewalk, it's pretty much a personal statement.  Of what, I'm not sure.

When they do it in the middle of the afternoon, it might be drugs or pure craziness.  Or both.  Or a personal statement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For a couple weeks, I'd hang out around town waiting for my brother's show to be over. (He got me tickets the first night)

Once, a bunch of college girls approached me and tried to get me to go to the shelter down the block.  The said I could get a meal, a shower, haircut, and "talk" to someone.  I didn't try to explain.  I just politely declined.

I probably could have used the haircut, though.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, refugeepj said:

might have been fine in 1969, not so now.

Not really.  I went there a couple of times back then.  It was always kind of a **** hole with schizophrenic homeless people walking around laughing with their feces stained clothes.  All of the fake hippies have been there ever since Haight Ashberry made the news and China town has always been a place where one turn down the wrong alley would leave a white boy laying battered, bruised and broken in a pool of his own blood.  Never been a nice place really. 

The last time I was there was in the early 90's and it wasn't bad then. I was also there in 1967 with a girlfriend and we stayed in a motel south of the city and only visited for a week and watched the freak show in the Haight. I visited again in 1971 where two young women who I knew lived there and showed me around and the place definitely had it's charm but the dregs of humanity had not yet taken over and  were not crapping in the streets by the thousands like they are today.

But it's Nancy Pelosi's district so what do you expect?

• Thanks 1

We were there a few years ago visiting family.  There were nekkid dudes with their pathetic lil peckers in cages, walking around in public, dudes with shoulder pads, football jerseys, and pants with no crotch or ass, etc.  In almost any other city in this country, the sick mfers would have been arrested and branded as sex offenders.   Yeah, my kids saw that ****.  Anger doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, paul45 said:

I'm waiting for some horrible disease to break out.  Between the needles and the filth,  something bad has got to happen.

What about all the urine?  That has got to be an issue as well?

how funny, i keep telling my wife that is where the end-of-days zombie virus will come from. the hobo camps in Oakland and Berkeley are absolutely awful...

at least they power wash the sidewalks every night in SF.... if you step in dog sh**, throw your shoes away because its not dog its human...

and these people live on the steps of city hall and shoot drugs and eat my taxes with their food stamp cards..

whats crazy is how this has become the norm out here... i hate it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s going to get much worse. You feed a stray cat...they tell their cat buddies, pretty soon you have a herd of cats...

Why would one want to be homeless in a nice city that doesn’t want you?  No free food, living in a refrigerator box, constantly harassed by the cops. 

Wait...there’s a place where there’s going to be an extra $300 million?  Just for me?  How cool is that!

San Francisco’s Proposition C offers a peek into the future of tech companies’ already tense relationship with America’s most vibrant cities. The San Francisco ballot measure to combat homelessness, which passed on Nov. 6 with 59.91%. of voters support, will bring in as much as $300 million each year by taxing large businesses, doubling the city’s budget for the problem.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/1455577/san-franciscos-big-business-tax-to-fight-homelessness-is-a-warning-for-tech/amp/

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

It’s going to get much worse. You feed a stray cat...they tell their cat buddies, pretty soon you have a herd of cats...
Why would one want to be homeless in a nice city that doesn’t want you?  No free food, living in a refrigerator box, constantly harassed by the cops. 
Wait...there’s a place where there’s going to be an extra $300 million?  Just for me?  How cool is that!
”San Francisco’s Proposition C offers a peek into the future of tech companies’ already tense relationship with America’s most vibrant cities. The San Francisco ballot measure to combat homelessness, which passed on Nov. 6 with 59.91%. of voters support, will bring in as much as $300 million each year by taxing large businesses, doubling the city’s budget for the problem.“
https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/1455577/san-franciscos-big-business-tax-to-fight-homelessness-is-a-warning-for-tech/amp/

It’s a garbage fire Gavin now gets to completely own as he further turns the entire state into a third world latrine of progressive dysfunction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1