Traditional Military/CMP/NRA Competition

Bren

Just got back from my first military competition, the U.S. Army Reserve Small Arms Championship, at Ft. McCoy, Wisconsin.  131 individual shooters and 22 teams, from as far away as Hawaii (a team of snipers from the only Infantry battalion in the Army Reserve showed up).

I won 2nd, overall, in pistol and my team won 2nd in pistol and 3rd overall (combined rifle and pistol).  Plus, I was 4th in the pistol EIC match, so I got 8 "leg" points and they tell me the Army Marksmanship Unit will be sending me the bronze EIC badge and orders for it.  Now I'm feeling motivated to do more of this type of competition - get my rifle badge, go for the silver and distinguished badges, etc.  It's kind of boring, compared to action shooting sports, but I do get stuff to wear on my uniform, I get paid to compete, and I could possibly get on a team and travel the world.

I sent off today for Leupold's military price list, to order a scope for Service Rifle.

sac-award.JPG

Edited by Bren
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Got my EIC badge and orders in the mail yesterday.  As I understand the rules, because I got an 8-point leg in a level 3 match (same level as national trophy matches), all I have to do to get to distinguished is get any kind of points in any level match from here on out, to get to 30.

EIB Badge2.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.