Jump to content

VOTE!!!!


fortyofforty
 Share

Recommended Posts

Get out and VOTE today!!!  Bring family members with you, if they're of like mind.  Bring neighbors.  Offer to drive.  Get out the vote.  Democrats literally send buses into certain housing projects to drive scores of people to the polls.  Let's compete with that!  Get out!  DO IT!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did, for the first time something I have never done before. Voted straight ticket.  I am registered "I". There were only 4 races for me to vote on. The liberal PA State court has redistricted the state into favorable results for the Dz. I might go 1 for 4 this round. I predict the GOV will retain his spot and he brought along a no name hack as a LT GOV. The guy running against the GOV, a video surfaced recently where he was on some sort of rant against the GOV and mentioned something about trampling his face with golf shoes. Race over, right there. Fortunately, the PA House and Senate are Rz controlled. The Senate guy running against the feckless Bob Casey, not in the cards. No one really knows or recognizes him. Trump did one rally for the guy, he knows where to spend his time. And then we come to Connor Lamb v the incumbent Rothfus. Redistricting absolutely helps Lamb, perhaps a large influx of "Iz" will help Rothfus. My local guy wins hands down for State Rep. 

I voted but I have not pooped yet.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Done before 9a.  My wife & I both went, then I kept an eye on some contractors doing work for a friend so two others could go vote and have peace of mind about the work being done while they were gone.

There was rain this morning in my area and no lines. Walked right up to the check in, walked right up to the booth.

Straight ticket.  After that circus of corruption around Kavanaugh, I wouldn't give a Democrat a vote for dog catcher or even if my own mother were running for Congress. That party doesn't deserve any support at any level, in terms of both policies and of behavior.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I voted today. This lady at the polling location I used was freaking out. The machine would not accept her ballad and she  kept yelling at the polling volunteer trying to help her. It turns out that she had already voted, so the machine would not accept her ballad. She was either a criminal or a freaking idiot. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Eric said:

I voted today. This lady at the polling location I used was freaking out. The machine would not accept her ballad and she  kept yelling at the polling volunteer trying to help her. It turns out that she had already voted, so the machine would not accept her ballad. She was either a criminal or a freaking idiot. 

She was upset that apparently something was working right...…….  Funny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Eric said:

I voted today. This lady at the polling location I used was freaking out. The machine would not accept her ballad and she  kept yelling at the polling volunteer trying to help her. It turns out that she had already voted, so the machine would not accept her ballad. She was either a criminal or a freaking idiot. 

I stopped by at 6:30 this morning.  Line was out the building and wrapped around the back.  Never seen that in the 16 years I've been voting at that location.  Went back at 4:30 this afternoon.    Smaller line, much better.  They said it was busy/steady all day.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voted two weeks ago.  Washington has mail-in ballots only.  Sent mine in the day I got it in the mail.  News blurb today said only 52% of eligible voters had actually turned their ballots in.  If 1639 passes, then I will be moving to Idaho.  Unless it is challenged and overturned in the courts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fortyofforty said:

Not looking good for the House, pretty solid for the Senate.  Now come the impeachments,  mindless investigations, and endless obstruction.

Time for more executive orders and the Dems setting themselves up for a red colored shitting right into their faces in 2020.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the infamous Prop 1639 passed in Washington, turning Washington State into an official liberal anti-gun state.  Looks like I'm selling my home and moving.

Sonsofbitches...

63% of these idiots voted to criminalize me and thousands of fellow gun owners.  **** 'em.  I'm making my stand in Idaho.

I have a around $50-70k in equity in my home, but I still have a lot of work to do before I can list it.  The next 6 months are going to be me doing whatever home improvement needed to maximize profit, then moving across the border into Idaho.

Good for me since the market is so hot right now, that there are hardly any properties for sale.  The bad thing is once I sell, I will have to either rent, or move into my parent's house across the border in Idaho.  Big thing is getting the heating system upgraded and remodeling the bathroom.

Not sure if I want to build or just buy.  My max budget is around $150k, and that won't get you a house in town.  Due to work going to ****, I might just take the opportunity to move out of the area.  I love it here, but there are few jobs, expensive houses, and no single women.  Thinking about going to Southern Idaho and working on the family farm.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

Well, the infamous Prop 1639 passed in Washington, turning Washington State into an official liberal anti-gun state.  Looks like I'm selling my home and moving.

Sonsofbitches...

63% of these idiots voted to criminalize me and thousands of fellow gun owners.  **** 'em.  I'm making my stand in Idaho.

I have a around $50-70k in equity in my home, but I still have a lot of work to do before I can list it.  The next 6 months are going to be me doing whatever home improvement needed to maximize profit, then moving across the border into Idaho.

Good for me since the market is so hot right now, that there are hardly any properties for sale.  The bad thing is once I sell, I will have to either rent, or move into my parent's house across the border in Idaho.  Big thing is getting the heating system upgraded and remodeling the bathroom.

Not sure if I want to build or just buy.  My max budget is around $150k, and that won't get you a house in town.  Due to work going to ****, I might just take the opportunity to move out of the area.  I love it here, but there are few jobs, expensive houses, and no single women.  Thinking about going to Southern Idaho and working on the family farm.

Yeah, I'm pretty disgusted with it.  I have no plans to move out of state, but if my family wasn't here I'd be considering it.

I'm hoping, now that it has been voted on, the supreme court will have to review it again, and then strike it down for all the issues associated with it that they said they couldn't do anything about until after the vote was done.  I expect it will take a while, if they even decide to do so.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

Well, the infamous Prop 1639 passed in Washington, turning Washington State into an official liberal anti-gun state.  Looks like I'm selling my home and moving.

Sonsofbitches...

63% of these idiots voted to criminalize me and thousands of fellow gun owners.  **** 'em.  I'm making my stand in Idaho.

I have a around $50-70k in equity in my home, but I still have a lot of work to do before I can list it.  The next 6 months are going to be me doing whatever home improvement needed to maximize profit, then moving across the border into Idaho.

Good for me since the market is so hot right now, that there are hardly any properties for sale.  The bad thing is once I sell, I will have to either rent, or move into my parent's house across the border in Idaho.  Big thing is getting the heating system upgraded and remodeling the bathroom.

Not sure if I want to build or just buy.  My max budget is around $150k, and that won't get you a house in town.  Due to work going to ****, I might just take the opportunity to move out of the area.  I love it here, but there are few jobs, expensive houses, and no single women.  Thinking about going to Southern Idaho and working on the family farm.

 

Sorry to hear that! I was facing the same outcome and just got away with DeSantis passing Gillum against all odds and polls. I would have moved me and my company to Arizona, Texas or Wyoming. Would have been a major pain in the ass.

Regarding the housing market, this is being heavily discussed in my day trading groups. The US stock market is now in a consolidation phase for about a year. I "predict" a 20 plus percent correction in early 2019, simply based on my technical analysis (see below). The market is way over-bought, and RSI topped out a long time ago. The MACD lost all it steam (momentum). Clear indicators.

Obviously the real estate market will follow any major stock market correction.

I would get the house pimped as soon as possible and sell soon. In many places the housing market is already stagnant for a few months. Then I would indeed ride out the fall at your parents house, and wait and buy cheap as soon as we hit bottom.

 

 

RSI = Relative Strength Index (showing the current and historical strength or weakness of a stock / index)

MACD = Moving Average Convergence / Divergence (momentum change)

My conclusion... just my input... I'm not holding any stocks over night anymore... no more long term investments, no more swing trades...  i only go in and out on the same day.

DOW:

Image1.png

 

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Crockett.  The updates needed are under $5k, which I can swing.  It's just having to live somewhere else while I remodel the only bathroom that is a pain.  Still, it's doable.  If I can sell this shithole for $170k, then scoop up a bargain after the market tanks, then I'll be sitting pretty.

My supervisor just bought a nice new home in my little town for $270k.  He'll lose at least $50k when the market corrects.  I paid $120k for my fixer upper on a prime location on a double lot, so despite it needing a bunch of little things and having a crappy floor plan, I'm only in it for around $95k at this point.

The next 6 months are going to be key for me.  My folks are at their Arizona home, so I can live in their Idaho place while I remodel my bathroom.  But I'm pretty close to wiped out on savings due to my Japan trip, and my job is in question...

Ain't life grand...?! :crylikeender:  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

Thanks Crockett.  The updates needed are under $5k, which I can swing.  It's just having to live somewhere else while I remodel the only bathroom that is a pain.  Still, it's doable.  If I can sell this shithole for $170k, then scoop up a bargain after the market tanks, then I'll be sitting pretty.

My supervisor just bought a nice new home in my little town for $270k.  He'll lose at least $50k when the market corrects.  I paid $120k for my fixer upper on a prime location on a double lot, so despite it needing a bunch of little things and having a crappy floor plan, I'm only in it for around $95k at this point.

The next 6 months are going to be key for me.  My folks are at their Arizona home, so I can live in their Idaho place while I remodel my bathroom.  But I'm pretty close to wiped out on savings due to my Japan trip, and my job is in question...

Ain't life grand...?! :crylikeender:  

 

 

That sounds very hectic indeed. But it is also a great opportunity to increase your equity as well as your living conditions. Maybe there is room on a credit card or time for a side gig. Even though I recall 12 hour shifts on your end, and that might be well over the top when you throw in the renovation projects. Stupid timing regarding your potential job issues.

I would start fixing only the most obvious and visual issues as "cheaply" as possible and throw the house on the market. You never know... somebody might be after the location and doesn't care about most issues around the house. Putting it on realtor.com and trulia.com only takes a couple hours and you have nothing to lose.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The biggest cosmetic issue is the crappy worn out vinyl floors in the kitchen, laundry, and great room.  No big deal as I have a tile saw and have done thousands of square feet of tile work myself.  The problem is the domino effect.

To tile the areas, I need to first level the center section of the house by putting in a concrete support and jacking up the sagging support joist by 2-3".  Not too bad.  But then, I have an 8' bank of cabinets in the great room that need removed.  Removing those is an hour's worth of work, but where to put them?  They would be a perfect addition to my little shop.

But, my little shop is full of tools, a pontoon boat, and my UTV.  I need to build a storage shed to move all of the crap out of the shop to the new shed, so I can move the cabinets out of the house.

But even with the cabinets gone and the great room and kitchen ready to get new floors, I need to remodel and expand the bathroom, so I know where the new floors need to go.

I've been paralyzed the last couple of years because even though each individual project is relatively easy and affordable, all of them need to be done at once or else the rest of the updates fall apart. 

The biggest issue facing this house is the tiny single bathroom.  Not only is it only 60" by 60", but it is also done in a worn out `70's style.  The whole bathroom needs to be stripped to the studs and rebuilt.  I've done that four times before in prior homes.  I have the tools and the knowledge.  The hard part is having to move to a different home while the work is being done.

If I just replaced the dang floors with tile, I would be out maybe a grand and it would take me a couple of weeks.  House would maybe be worth $145k.  Doing the bathroom and floors would be another $3k and house could be a solid $160k.  Floors, bathroom, heating system, and remodeling upstairs staircase/landing would be close to $5k and get me to around  $170k mark.  Would take a solid 6 months to complete. 

Sticking it on the market as is and just keeping it clean would be around $135K, but with the sketchy heating system, it would be hard to get a bank to finance it.  I know Geico won't insure it with the current HVAC system.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Please Donate To TBS

    Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...