Rimfire Picture Thread

Alabusa

I've posted it before, but I'll play.  ?  This is my most recent acquisition, a Ruger American Rimfire, standard version.  I've only gotten to the range with it once, and the sights were not right from the factory (to say the least).  That said, I had a great time shooting it and look forward to shoot it a  whole lot more in the future.

RAR 002.jpg

• Like 3

No pic, but I too bought a Ruger American Rimfire standard.  It's great.  I did replace the rear sights because I hate the 10/22 sight blade.

VERY good trigger, plenty of accuracy, smooth bolt action, barrel is well done, designed for 10/22 magazines in all sizes.....  What's not to love?  If I had this rifle as a youth I could have hit a lot more ****.

Then I have my 1936 Springfield single shot .22 bolt rifle.  It was the first gun I ever learned to shoot when I was a kid in the 70's.  I shot coconuts floating on the ocean just off my grandparents dock.  You could see misses when the water geysered, hits were no geyser.  Neat feedback.

And there is my 10/22 that is Ruger only because of the receiver and bolt.  Everything else is Volquartsen.  I scoped it with a 6~24x50 and it shoots 50-yd bugholes when the air is calm.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 10:32 AM, Spats McGee said:

I've posted it before, but I'll play.  ?  This is my most recent acquisition, a Ruger American Rimfire, standard version.  I've only gotten to the range with it once, and the sights were not right from the factory (to say the least).  That said, I had a great time shooting it and look forward to shoot it a  whole lot more in the future.

RAR 002.jpg

I've finally completed my Squirrel Sniper.  Above, you can see the "Before" picture.  After that was taken, I had the barrel threaded, got my NFA stamp for my Dead Air Mask, hit Academy Sports when it had the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 on sale, and added a sling.  Below, you'll find the "After" picture.

407777596_SquirrelSnipercomplete.jpg.514eb44e4ee568ae6981b2ea67c5acf1.jpg

Edited by Spats McGee
funky spacing
  • Like 2

Old School Ruger .22 Revolver that I got brand new in the box.  I haven't fired it yet.  But, it will be my revolver training tool, so my .38's and .357's don't get shot off, when I have plenty of .22

R22.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2021 at 9:52 PM, crockett said:

Only rim fire I will ever own. Not interested in calibers I can't reload.

image.png.88b97a3c8c4ac4eb4ceef164a7ceb357.png

Cool.  I'd have one of those, but I'd just never carry it. I just think they are cool.  I carry my G 30s with an extra mag.  21 rounds.  That don't do it...well, there ya go...

My only Rim fire is my PMR 30 .  WHAT a Tack hammer!!!  30 rounds,

Kel-Tec PMR 30: A .22 Magnum for the Masses

Kel-Tec PMR-30 .22 MAG 30 Round Magazine

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • Eric changed the title to Rimfire Picture Thread
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 10:21 AM, Spats McGee said:

I've finally completed my Squirrel Sniper.  Above, you can see the "Before" picture.  After that was taken, I had the barrel threaded, got my NFA stamp for my Dead Air Mask, hit Academy Sports when it had the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 on sale, and added a sling.  Below, you'll find the "After" picture.

407777596_SquirrelSnipercomplete.jpg.514eb44e4ee568ae6981b2ea67c5acf1.jpg

In a move fairly uncharacteristic for me, I'll try to make a long story short.  After shooting my Two-Question Friend's Ruger American Rimfire Target rifle, I bought one of my own.  I moved the scope pictured above to the RAT, so the Squirrel Sniper has gone back to iron sights. I figure I need at least one iron-sighted .22 rifle in my stable.

As far as the RAT, though, I'm very pleased with her.

1161584142_RATCOMPLETE.jpg